A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Visitor's Forum

Post 1

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Just thought I'd stop by with a page warming smile

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

~Irving


Visitor's Forum

Post 2

Researcher 99947

Well, mine aren't nearly as warm, but they are friendly

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley


Visitor's Forum

Post 3

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Yes, yours are quite cool


Visitor's Forum

Post 4

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Welcome back in, y'all. Now you can see the long empty walls of the gallery that is to be.

I really don't know how Afgncaap5 and Garius Lupus did it. When I first visited Crater Labs, I thought they just had a one-room loft. But by the time I had moved my things in, I had a huge studio with side offices and a darkroom, private apartments, a salon/waiting room with a lovely fireplace, and then a twisty maze of galleries, none of them alike. It's just wonderful.

Meanwhile, I'm still experimenting with the final forms for the foyer signs: advertising, don't you know. I also have to put up links to existing stuff by me that is scattered round h2g2....


Visitor's Forum

Post 5

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I think it's along the lines of that room on Magrathea that did not technically exist inside the planet itself as it was much too large. The one that scared the willies out of Slartibartfast (There's one guide name I haven't heard done to death on H2G2!). But this is on a much, much, smaller scale smiley - smiley

~Irving


Visitor's Forum

Post 6

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Good thing, too. I'm not planning to accept any commissions for fjords.


Visitor's Forum

Post 7

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Oh, c'mon, just one? Alright then. I like your sign, by the way smiley - winkeye

~Irving


Visitor's Forum

Post 8

Mike A (snowblind)

My smiles are smooooth

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

This is big business, eh Lil? If I can organise my homepage better I'll need to link up to this place.
Reminds me, you still gonna do that horse thing?


Visitor's Forum

Post 9

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Yes, but not until you come back from the Antipodes. By then I'll be on top of a new software 3D app I have recently received and can turn out lots of Pokemon ponies, unicorns, war chargers, or whatever the custies want. I mean, why not sell horses too? If our barn works the same way as my studio, there will be no shortage of loose boxes and grazing space.

Meanwhile I'm learning to use Bryce and have already created half of New Mexico. What unbelievable software! I have the means to make planets now! But I still won't do fjords.


Visitor's Forum

Post 10

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Darn


Visitor's Forum

Post 11

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Irv, if you had a fjord, what would you DO with it? Where would you put it? Everyone knows there are no fjords in Phoenix!


Visitor's Forum

Post 12

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

There are also no Frenchmen in Phoenix, but that didn't stop me from taking French instead of Spanih in Highschool!


Visitor's Forum

Post 13

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Now _there's_ a wild generalisation. How do you know there are no Frenchmen in Phoenix?


Visitor's Forum

Post 14

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

How do *you* know there are no fjords?


Visitor's Forum

Post 15

Mike A (snowblind)

Because they would melt.

Dang, I keep on forgetting to send you the Pokemon ponies! How do you want them, in a large email with a picture for each one with a brief description (I guess it would end up a fairly big email), or descrobed on a h2g2 page, or a boring link?


Visitor's Forum

Post 16

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Well, there was a frenchman in Phoenix, once, but I haven't seen him in years. He used to run the French Corner Bakery before it got bought out. Nice man. Tried to teach me some french occasionally. And I know there are two french women, but really, aren't they AMERICAN women? I mean, they live here. On the other hand, living this close to Mexico, I live near actual Mexicans, and so it would make more sense to learn spanish...


Visitor's Forum

Post 17

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hold the Pokemons for the moment. How many are there? You could bleed them through one at a time over the next month or so, as you think of it, and then it wouldn't look like such a daunting task!

See, Irv, you talk about Mexicans living in Phoenix as Mexicans. So a person born in France living in Phoenix must surely still be a Frenchman, a Franco.


Visitor's Forum

Post 18

Mike A (snowblind)

I see it that if a person is born in a certain country, then his nationality will be predominantly that country. If a person with 100% Welsh ancestry has the misfortune to be born in England, then there will of course end up being English blood in the family line. And shame to the whole clan.

I think there's a little over half a dozen Pokemon horses. If the size of the pictures is small, then I should be able to package them in one go. But I want to do it as soon as possble before I forget.


Visitor's Forum

Post 19

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

LOL

See how blood is outing itself right there!

I can't wait to see you turned loose in the US for the first time.


Visitor's Forum

Post 20

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I see your point, but I've got one too. I'm just not sure how to make it come out right. It's to do with migrant workers and the like. And the fact that I'm not likely to just drive a few hours and end up in France, while I'm quite likely to do so and end up in Mexico.

The more I think about it though, there's the owners of the French Ambiance, and the baker at La Madeline. So, yes, there are Francos in Phoenix, but Spanish is still much more likely to be useful than French.

~Irving


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more