A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1201

U195408

Well, I would say it's not a new phenomena in the mid-west of the country. I also think that the success of the clinton years scared them badly, so they've mobilized to save america from those same pinko, leftist commie b*st*rds who live on the east coast and vote democrat. (like me smiley - smiley Yes, I'm a pinko elitist commie b*st*rd. here's a quote from "Get Your War On"

Standing Man, "OK really. What am I supposed to say? 'Thank you, President Bush, for holding a prime-time press conference? Your crumbs are so delicious? It means so much that you took precious time away from your stupid smiley - bleeping hole-in-the-wall, dusty back*sswards fake-*ss ranch down in dipsh*t CRAWFORD, TEXAS to speak to us about the cr*ppy war in Iraq that you and your staff completely smiley - bleeped up because you're a bunch of smiley - bleepING EGOMANIACAL RETARDS?'"

Sitting Man, "No you DIDN'T! No you didn't make fun of the ranch in Crawford, Texas! Typical East Coast elitist!"

Standing Man, "'East Coast elitist?' smiley - bleep it, sure - is that what you call it? Fine. All I know is I'm from New York City, I can actually think on my feet, I can string two smiley - bleepin' sentences together without notes, and I could answer some smiley - bleeps' questions about a war without just spitting out eleven different permutations of the same smiley - bleep 'goo-gah freedom' phrase! So sue me - that makes me elitist? Good! If 'elitist' just means 'not the dumbest smiley - bleep in the room', I'll be an elitist!"


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1202

Z

[Z - on my way home tomorrow..]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1203

FG

Regarding Frontline, Vanity Fair ran an article several months ago by either James Wolcott or Christopher Hitchens concerning Bush's religious conversion. It listed a number of examples showing it wasn't a heartfelt change of life, but rather a cynical attempt at cleaning up a wild personal life in prepararion for a future political career, not to mention the ability to garner support from the religious right (wrong!) in America. Apparently, when questioned about the details of the process, Bible verses and teachings and the life of Jesus, Bush draws a blank.

If you're home tonight, MR, I'll give you a call. smiley - hug


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1204

Mrs Zen

[B]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1205

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1206

logicus tracticus philosophicus

[ltp]

Ben if you looking for inspiration take a quike look
at oz osment on get writeing.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1207

U195408

Al Franken mentions a similar idea in his book too FG. His joke is that Bush sat around drinking beer & watching football during his bible study classes.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1208

FG

Speaking of Al, has anyone listened to his radio show yet and can offer a critique?


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1209

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1210

Hypatia

I heard that the radio show has already been cancelled. It wasn't on any station I could tune in to anyway.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1211

Witty Moniker

The network website still looks live:

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/globalDefault.htm


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1212

Hypatia

You're right, Witty. It seems to be alive and well. Sorry for the bum steer. (I really was told that. smiley - run off to smack source of information.)


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1213

Sol

B is working for the post office atm. So today there's this cuffufle cos somebodies passport hasn't made it to a consulate on time and they detail a manager to go and sort it out. And as it's the Russian embassy, they ask B to go too.

So they get to the embassy and there is (as always) a huge queue, so they have to talk though the intercom system to persuade someone to let them inside. So B is explaining (in Russian, natch) and while he's explaining happens to mention that they are from Her Majesty's Roayal Mail, which is a title he still finds quite entertaining.

Anyway, they let the manager guy in, and while B is cooling his heels outside, he suddenly realises that in Russian 'HM's Royal Mail' well, let's say doesn't lose anything in the translation.

And sure enough, when the manager comes out he's very curious to know what B actualy said, as he had a whole barrage of officials, including some from the _upper_ floors (no I don't know what it sigifies either, but apparently someone quite swish) helping him sort out some tourist's slightly delayed visa application.

Apparently, what B said rather implied that the letter came _directly_ from the Queen. And the boy teases me about my terrible Russian...

As a bonus he got to see Princesss Anne on his way back.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1214

FG

Woo! I read that at first as B got to see Princess Anne on *her* back! smiley - bigeyes


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1215

marvthegrate LtG KEA

FG I thought mucth the same thing.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1216

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

You'd have to have seen her at Badminton for that.

I couldn't do anything at all with this site this morning -- it was throwing a right wobbly.

There were incredible winds all through the night; several times I felt my bed shudder as gusts smacked into the side of the house. But praise be to the rain gods, rain began to fall before 7 am.

I had to get up to Ruidoso for errands, and saw, as I drove by, that the Capitans were literally steaming.

It's actually rather cool and windy now.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1217

Coniraya

{[caer]}


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1218

U195408

awesome story sol


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1219

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1220

Tamberlaine

Don't hold back dave, tell us how you really feel.

FG, Bush is hard pressed to answer questions on just about any subject. Lacking knowledge of religion is no more a matter of his not knowing about things he should than his lack of knowledge about economies or conducting wars....

A catholic church threatening politicains with excommunication makes perfect sense. Excommunication is nothing more than a political tool anyway. I.E. doing it to Henry VIII and the two popes excommunicating each other during the great schizm. I have had a divorce and (indirectly) an abortion so I think that by the book I should have been excommunicated a couple of times at least. Yet just before I went off to get shot at the priest came by and waved his little cross around and absolved all of our sins. Just like that! All these years of headonistic lifestyle down the drains. So I only have the sins committed since last April to go to Hell on now...

The guilt thing is what it is all about, the reason why adoption, abortion and birth controls are all sins is that having sex without trying to concieve is a sin. In fact most of our natural emotions are sins, therefore leading one into a perpetual state of sin and in need of the Church. YOU WERE EVEN BORN IN SIN!!!! Leads to wonderful things like the pope getting to tell kings what to do, plennary indulgencies, etc.

Apologies in advance, I suppose I have (again) offended someone I just don'tbuy into the organized religion thing, too much pain caused by it. Spirituality should be a personal thing. If you want to do it by Jesus here's a good qoute for you....

"Split a piece of wood and you will find me, turn a rock and I am there"


Key: Complain about this post