A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 161

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Ahh. Oops, clearly last night's pop is still affecting certain bits of the old brain.

smiley - ale


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 162

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Well Marv
here is extract from email " I'm afraid we have not been able to be quite so prompt. Three of the four Benifit Team Leaders have been absent for some time due to illness, and will remain so for the forseeable future. "


This being from a goverment run department on the run up to the elections. says it all


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 163

SE

ascension day is exactly what you'd probably think it is - the day jesus ascended to heaven - physically, mind you; soul and body. i believe it is always 40 days after easter but i could be wrong.

cooper had his smiley - footballsmiley - football taken care of quite a while ago, but after a series of smiley - grr moments, he has been wearing a cone for weeks. we've taken the cone off a few times but he has ended up te- well, you know. so he is still wearing a cone and generally looking silly. i'm thinking i might try to take it off next week, but we shall see.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 164

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Well next time he ""te- well, you know."" get some sticky back plastick and three wooden rulers atache these to the coller at 120% angle with the top op the triangle above the eyebrows, you can the stand cooper in the corner on his head to reflect on his head to reflect on his actions.



P.s works on cats should add the proviso should only be attempted by supervised adults and not for amusment purposes, alternativly these can be formed into a wigwam and support a weak back leg seen one in use with a wooden cutain ring for leg suport


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 165

azahar

Sorry . . . Cooper is a dog or a cat?

I've had both male and female cats 'done' - female op takes a bit of recuperation time. And watch out for infection of the stitched up area. Males, as has been said her previously, really don't seem to notice that anything has happened.

When my male smiley - blackcat was castrated they didn't even stitch up the empty sacs, saying they would just naturally heal over and not require me to come back to get stitches taken out. And that turned out to be the case.

But my girl got an infection and had to be taken back to have her belly drained. Probably won't happen in your case, kelli, as the vet who operated on Lua (Dr Frankenstein) ripped her belly open at least four inches - I was later told this had not been necessary at all. Anyhow . . .

Hope your beasties are back home and recovering - and can the guilt. You're actually doing them a favour if you don't intend on breeding them.

az


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 166

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Well, they have survived the anaesthetic and are apparently ok, so I'll be going to get them in about an hour smiley - smiley

I know we'll be sulking though...


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 167

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

When my cat came back from her teeth being done, she was still slightly stoned and couldn't walk in a straight line, which is difficult enough for a three legged cat anyway!
.....she also had that glazed, slightly zonked look too!


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 168

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

She looked like me?


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 169

azahar

Just be careful that when they are 'coming out of it' - the anaesthetic - that you keep their necks extended so they can breathe properly.


az


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 170

Hypatia

Kelli, I'm sure Patsy and Eddie will be fine. I think it's pretty rare for there to be complications. They are going to be cranky for a bit, though.

Sporky, cooper should be healed by now. Have you taken him back to the vet?

I've never had any problems with any of my animals except Rocky. He had nightmares afterward for months.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 171

Lady Chattingly

Glad to report we've never had a problem with our animals after neutering. Gus smiley - dog is not neutered since we didn't know how old he was when we got him. He is in a fenced back yard, but manages to escape on occasion. Since he is so distinctive looking, we usually get one or two phone calls letting us know where he was sighted. (He escapes when the gate latch is not properly fastened. He checks same several times a day. smiley - biggrin)


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 172

FG

az, Cooper is a smiley - dog.

It's been over a year since my smiley - cat Lucy died of old age. Frankly, I've been enjoying the pet-free life. Maybe someday I'll get another critter, but for right now the joy of *not* cleaning the litter box and *not* having smiley - cat hair everywhere is divine.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 173

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Just heared a strange noise in back garden and saw a squirell(sp?) hanging from a TV cable by its back toes 3 floors up munching on peanuts it was pinching from a bird feeder. It was taking peanuts from feeder and placing them on open window, then using it as a feeding tray.
It seemed quite happy and was there ten minutes later when I went indoors...it was a grey one, which I believe came from America forcing the native red ones into a smaller and smaller area.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 174

Mr. Cyde: The Tearer and Master of Bad Jokes.

I like the former life idea. I think we should go with this. Personally, I believe I was part of a swarthy little family that kept comming up with the most horrible "cunning plans."

That would be a white squirrel from America (forcing the red ones) not grey. A white one with a little blur uniform and a fat one wearing a top hat behind it.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 175

Hypatia

Reincarnation would seem to explain why we have strong likes and dislikes without any personal experiences that would cause them. And phobias. An immediate attraction to someone could mean we've spent time with them in the past. A refusal to even taste a certain food could mean we didn't like it in the past. It's interesting. And then there in the whole karma thing. smiley - zen


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 176

Hypatia

When I grow up, I'd like a job that doesn't involve taking 2 year olds to the toilet. smiley - sigh Sure, he was a real cutie, but it isn't in my job description. He walked up to me and said, "I can feel poop coming out of my bottom." You have to admit, that isn't something you hear on the job very often.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 177

Teuchter

I haven't had any pets at the vet - but I did have Mr T 'seen to' several years ago smiley - evilgrin

My intention to stay off booze on weekdays has evaporated - no willpower, y'know - and I'm currently enjoying a large smiley - stiffdrink after a day at work.

I think I'd quite like to work in Lil's post office when I grow up. Do you still have one of those ink-stamp thingies?

Further to the discussions on 'grown-up' ambitions and previous lives.........

What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you were younger?


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 178

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Phil: << Still healthy. My HbA1c level is 6.9%, down from 7.5%. Seems the insulin regime I'm on is working at the moment. While this is now within the guidelins (less than 7%) I'd prefer it to come down a little further and be under 6.5% What I need is to be able to get a handle on mornings. One day I get a 5.4mmol/l and the next I get 12.9mmol/l Can't it be simple and I just have a normal working pancreas back please. >>

Good job, Phil!

My last was 7.3, and I'm hoping the HbA1c I just took is lower; my meter says it should be. smiley - smiley

As for the morning thing -- do you note what you had for your bedtime snack? Was it mostly carbs or protein? (nosy, nosy) Sometimes that will make a difference, as protein metabolizes more slowly, and stops the blood sugar from starting to rise again in the early am.

As for the healthy pancreas, from your keyboard to Bob's ears... smiley - biggrin

SC


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 179

Teuchter

simulpost with Hyp - smiley - laughsmiley - wahsmiley - rofl


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 180

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Teucher: << Further to the discussions on 'grown-up' ambitions and previous lives.........

What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you were younger? >>

About sunscreen, and which jobs would be more lucrative in the future!! smiley - yikes

And to listen when people tell you to watch what you eat, before it eats you...smiley - erm
SC


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more