A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2161

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Hyp,

Sounds like a real hoot. Southern breakfast has got to be eggs over easy, crispy bacon and cheese grits. mmmmmmm


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2162

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*pretends nobody mentioned Cats*

The photos don't seem to like me - I can only view the album, but that still gives me the general idea. smiley - cool


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2163

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Hyp, if you get a chance give me a shout on AIM and I will call over to you lot.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2164

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

*still puzzled about the biscuits*


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2165

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*cough*
http://dreadfultales.wordpress.com/

I just want to quickly mention that I've actually managed to write more than a paragraph's worth of fiction and am in the process of posting it to the above Blog.
You may now return to your scheduled discussion.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2166

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Kelli, American biscuits are something like our muffins.

Danny boy the pipes the pipes are call alling,
From glen to glen and down the montainside


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2167

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I'm suddenly getting deja vu... no, wait, it was crumpets before.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2168

Bagpuss

Morning all. I'm just having my smiley - coffee. I'm normally a smiley - teasmiley - cat, but Hyp's done me a proper coffe, not the instant stuff we normally have at home. Made with French vanilla non-dairy creamer and sugar. Not at all bad. I'm also pleased to say that Minerva, the only cat we've seen, didn't send my eyes all red and puffy. She's short-heaired and part Siamese, which'll be why.

Sorry, the ghost hunt didn't happen. At least it wasn't happening when I went to bed at about 9pm (my excuse being that it was 3am back home).

smiley - ale: I seem to have picked some good beers. Xantief has a very good idea what he likes, but I'm not familiar with American beer, so I was going by "that one has nice artwork". 90 Shilling and Dead Guy Ale are pretty good (I forget the brewery names).

Nice photos we've got. The one of me is unusual in that I don't look like a complete muppet grinning at the camera - I was taken by surprise.

Seems Ben got in the mention of a blank keyboard before I did, but I've got a link: http://www.daskeyboard.com/


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2169

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - wow Hypatia, your garden is gorgeous! Aren't those 'strange flowers' echinacea?

I never thought I would be happy to see it rain - great slow lazy fat glops of rain just fell on the conservatory roof. I went to take a look, expecting a deluge of biblical proportions to begin, and it... stopped. Just stopped. Great. Now the weather is taking the urinary effluent n'all smiley - sadface

We found tickets. I guess I won't be getting my new kitchen this summer after all *sound of quiet sobbing*


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2170

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I make it two minutes to the hour. In exactly two hours, I will post the new conversation. Chloe has prepared a special prize in honor of the Freddie retrograde starting on an American Holiday day.



I will also offer a prize for the first proper likeness of Affi. None of this bedouin stuff.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2171

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

And an extra prize for any one who races for the FTTF in a sack.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2172

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Two hours? But I'll be on the bus home then...


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2173

Wilma Neanderthal

*sets the alarm on all the clocks in the house*

smiley - biggrin


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2174

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Starts doing ham string stretches and push ups smiley - run

Mr D get the Number 6 smiley - bus its wired.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2175

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Unfortunately the Number 6 doesn't go near my house and I have to go home and get changed for an appointment with my solicitors Grabbe, Metoole and Pullit.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2176

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I am willing to put the race back and make it three hours from when I said.

I spotted echinacea, coleus, and impatiens in the pictures. And some sort of pepper growing next to the tomatoes. Hypatia, your gardens are peerless, as are your fruit trees. Was that the peach tree that played host to power lines for so long?

I so wish I could have come, and hitched a ride with Xantief; he looks like he would be an interesting conversationalist during the drive! smiley - smiley

We had thunderstorms during the night. and it was 80ºF and 60% humid in the office at 7 am. When I went next door to open up Cille's house and feed the animals, a whole cloud of cats emerged from the hedges where they had been waiting, and followed me across the way. Somewhere in the neighborhood of sixteen animals were capering and spinning at my feet or trying to cut a quick path to the nearest food bowl.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2177

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Zoe smiley - cat loves to have her belly rubbed. She lies under the desk and will bite my foot if I *don't" rub her belly. Even chased Jersey Gummo smiley - dog away yesterday when I dared to brush him instead of her.

Hypatia, is that your lasagna garden? I'm definitely doing something wrong, mine still looks like a pile of leaves. Although now they are mostly decomposed leaves. And I don't even have flowers on the tomato plants yet!


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2178

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Oh, is it that time again Lil? (conversation, not Freddie) My how time flies. It also seems (to me) that I've been able to post a bit more than usual of late. I blame the job. It's been insanely busy for me for the last forever or so.


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2179

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

3 hours smiley - wah I'll be making pasta


86Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2180

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Three hours works for me... I've not managed to be in the FTTF race for a few months now.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more