A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 61

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


My Nordic Roots music arrived today and I've just spent the last hour listening to the #2 sampler and falling in love with several bands. Marv, if you like celtic you would looooove this stuff.

I bought on the strength of the track by a group called Boot, but now I have also discovered JPP and Vasen, that's "a" with an umlaut, and Hedningarna. This is wonderful stuff!

I'm going over to the ezboard NOW to post a url to the site where these CDs are sold.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 62

Chris Tonks

Ah, what ho, all! smiley - smiley

And a marvellous sunny day it is here. Hm, so sunny in fact that I had to work in the garden. I thought I'd have a nice relaxed weekend, but my dad forces me to rake the lawn /yet again/, this time to get up all the moss that grew while the house was unoccupied. I'm only less than a fifth of the way through, and it's probably going to be done three times anyway. Ho hum...

Thanks for the info with regarding cats and mice. It isn't really me that wants the cats to stop doing this, it's my mum. Well, that is to say, we want the place mouse-free (though I can safely say that no mouse has ever infiltrated the house), but we don't like the cats leaving horrible chewed-to-death blobs of flesh on our back doorstep. smiley - winkeye

BTW, I will shortly be embarking on another of my VR adventures offworld, this time to accomodate my lessening appearances on h2g2 due to exams and revision. I'll try to pop on every night, and will leave a teleported calling card along with an URL to the latest post in the thread I'm making (a set of log entries really, so any people posting to it won't really have anything to do, I'm afraid). Still, I won't actualy leave for another week or two. smiley - smiley


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 63

Titania (gone for lunch)

*cuddles Springie*


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 64

Phil

[OP] who filled his census form in earlier this evening.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 65

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Morning all. Sunday is living up to it's name in Godzone. It's sunny.

Lil, more and more people in NZ are doing their initial finding and, in many caes, (virtual) viewing of houses via the Internet. One advantage is that only genuinely interested people make appointments to take the real-life tour. Hasn't that option caught on in the States?


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 66

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It may have, Looney, but evidently not amongst the realtors down here. However, I might just take some pics and post them myself...

The whole thing is giving me creativity block.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 67

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I do enjoy celtic music. I will try to find my copy of the Salt Lake Scot's Pipe and Drum Band cd so I can make an mp3 excerpt of them. BTW Pics of my trip to Moab will be posted soon to The Other Place.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 68

Babel17

Checking in and checking out. No time, wnat a bummer smiley - sadface
Later.
J.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 69

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Don't Let's Start? It's on "They Might be Giants," also known as the pink album. But that's in my office, so this morning I was listening to "Then: The early years" which has the pink album and "Lincoln" plus lots of extra tracks.

And "Flood" may be their best album, that or "Apollo 18"

As for celtic music, I really like Talitha Mackenzie of "Mouth Music" fame. I'll need to check out the link too, Lil.
smiley - dog


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 70

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

"I quite like "Breathless" by Irish group The Corrs", types an asthma sufferer.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 71

Researcher 99947

I too, types a person who is surrounded daily by halitosis *human relations*


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 72

marvthegrate LtG KEA

D'Oh! I should have know that (Don's let's start). I feel like a chump now. My nostalgia has found me on napster DL'ing TMBG songs like mad.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 73

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 74

Garius Lupus

Keeping the house clean and tidy (we referred to it as keeping it in "show shape") is the worst part of selling a house. We tried to keep it as showy as possible, so that we could accommodate even last minute showings - we didn't want to miss our buyer. There was one time when my daughter and I were playing with lego in the living room and the house hadn't been picked up in a while (we had a scheduled showing the next day and were taking it easy that day). Suddenly, there were voices outside on the front porch. I opened the door and said "can I help you?". A real estate agent, with clients, said "Oh, weren't you expecting us? We booked an appointment with your agent". I said "no, but give us half an hour and you can go through". I left a message on our agent's phone and flew around the house cleaning up. The people came back after 20 minutes. I had gotten most of the place in show shape, but hadn't gotten the dishes washed. "Oh well", I thought, and we left. Later, when I talked to our agent, I found out that the agent that went through had the wrong house! Our agent had two houses listed on our street, and this clown had an appointment to see the other one. The people loved the house, but it was out of their price range. In a funny coincidence, the other house that our agent had listed on our street was the house that we owned before moving to our current house.

And you're right, Looney, about the virtual tours cutting down on frivolous showings. We didn't have as many showings as we have had in previous houses, but the ones that did come through were serious.

In the 4 house sellings we have been through we have never had someone book an appointment and then not show up. Perhaps us Canadians are too polite to do stuff like that.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 75

Babel17

{[B17]}


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 76

Chris Tonks

[PCT]


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 77

Phil

Posting from a new Win98 install on my machine smiley - sadface
How many reboots for this system to install? Too many.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 78

Chris Tonks

*Shudders.*

I know the problem only too well. There've been several times when I've had to reinstall Windoze 98, and every time it took ages. smiley - sadface


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 79

Phil

I had to do the initial install with my spare machine as it didn't work properly on my main machine smiley - sadface
I should be sticking with unix systems, they're easy in comparison!


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 80

Chris Tonks

Argh!

*Realises he /still/ hasn't downloaded Linux yet.*

Dang. I'll get it once I've got ADSL installed...


Key: Complain about this post