A Conversation for We Moved!

Join the Team!

Post 101

Eggnog

Hi. Can I join? I grew up vegetarian (for religious and health reasons) rebelled when I moved away and became pretty darned carnivorous, and am now vege again (although not rabidly so). Does all that count?


Join the Team!

Post 102

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

It sure does. I'll add you to the list.


Join the Team!

Post 103

Talene

Well, I'm not a vegetarian for ethical or political reasons (sorry to say). I simply have problems digesting meat. I find the longer I go without eating meat, the more my insides protest when I do. I think there are also very good ethical and political reasons (not to mention health reasons) for vegetarianism, so I don't feel injured by my body's resistance. It's cool to be a vegetarian, and I never feel slighted or nutritionally at a loss.


Join the Team!

Post 104

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

So does that mean you want to join? All vegetarians are welcome, regardless of their reasons.


Join the Team!

Post 105

Talene

hehe Yes. I do want to join. I forgot to mention that bit I guess... smiley - smiley

Talene the absent-minded...


Join the Team!

Post 106

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

OK Talene, I added you to the list. Welcome! I also wrote a "Call for Graphics" which can be found directly below the "How You Can Help" section of the page.

I may soon have some important news about the HVS, but for now it's all hush-hush. Truthfully it won't affect the members all that much, but I love to be mysterious. smiley - smiley


Join the Team!

Post 107

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

Hi everyone! Due to busy schedules, it took longer than I expected to finalize this deal, but now it's official, so I can announce to everyone the news: Pegasus has offered to forge a partnership with me and share in the duties of managing the H2G2 Vegetarian Society. We will be moving the page to a new location so that we can both access it. When this is completed, I will let you know, and link to the new page and the new thread. I will convert this page into a "We Moved" sort of thing. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I feel this is all for the best. So let's give a warm welcome to our new Co-chairperson, Pegasus!

In other news, I wrote a short notice towards the top of the page announcing Demon Drawer and The Cheese's Virtual Presidential campaigns. Good luck, guys! May the best vegetarian win! smiley - winkeye

Well, I'll keep you posted for further updates!


Join the Team!

Post 108

26199

Groovy. I await the new developments with interest smiley - smiley

26199


Join the Team!

Post 109

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

The move has been made! The new H2G2 Vegetarian Society is at http://www.h2g2.com/U144422 Please don't use the threads on this one anymore. There is a new "Join the Team!" thread located at http://www.h2g2.com/F48594?thread=64702 and you can start new conversations at the new site. Also, as it's technically a user page, we will be using the journal entries to announce updates. See you on the new page!


Key: Complain about this post