A Conversation for Pink Floyd

What Floyd really mean to me!

Post 1

Jammm


For years I had been trying to find a specific music that would be kinda personal to me and 'fill' me up. So I was like a sailor surfing from band to band trying every kind of music. One day, when i was 19 or so my best friend Evis introduced me to PF. It was really an awsome first experience/encounter !!!

I started buying one PF cd after the other, and each one was better than the other. I found their music to be unique, deep, improvising, exciting, powerful but most of all it was moving, inspiring and meaningful. As I was getting more into Floyd instead of moving forward to their music i was instead moving backwards to their older stuff known as 'THE EARLY PINK FLOYD' which i found to be masterpieces on their own right.

To listen to PF is one thing; however to be into them and understand their music is another. Only a real Floyd fan can understand this and i am sure that all of those would agree with me 110%.

One distinctive thing that i remember was that on my early Floyd days while listening to their music a CLICK had happened inside me, i wasn't anymore listening to them, i was rather into them ... i had discovered their magic and i was travelling with them ... my life had changed for ever !!!

As all Floyd fans know, PF is not about songs but about albums, complete albums/work. It is an art and not music as such ... they are the architects of most modern day music. One has to listen to their albums from start to end nonstop, as one song ties to the other making a whole concept.

Pink Floyd was, is, has been and always will be one of the biggest bands ever. And one small note to those who know nothing about Floyd: Their album DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (1973) has sold more than 28 million copies worldwide, spending 800 weeks in the US charts. Statistically, it should be playing somewhere or other on the planet during every moment of every day ... at the moment it is played here !!!





What Floyd really mean to me!

Post 2

Imaldris

hells yes. I like pf enthusiasts. Rock on, pink floyd is the best. I agree with the concept of a band filling you up inside. Sort of like the enigmatic soundtrack to life. Or the things and sounds you can't exactly write yourself (no words) but you feel them somewhere in there and you realize this when you listen to pink floyd.


Key: Complain about this post

What Floyd really mean to me!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more