A Conversation for United States of America (USA)

With a rebel yell

Post 1

The Q

As a Brit with a touch anti-establishment in his bones, I also have to admire the whole concept of the States - a bunch of rebellious Brits stick to fingers firmly right up the Royal's arses, overthrow them and create a brand new republic (this then becomes the alleged 'super power' in the world). Okay, there's a heck of a lot to be disappointed with in the history of the US, but what marvellous Northern Hemisphere nation would be where it is today without trampling all over a culture here, a race there, an entire history there. I'm not condoning this of course, let's not forget that Hitler had similar notions, and we should all be ashamed of our history to a certain extent, but the original premise of rebellion, revolution and republic should be celebrated more.


With a rebel yell

Post 2

Ambush.

Yeah, I see your point but do they have to be so loud about it?


With a rebel yell

Post 3

The Q

and fat?


From a skinny American

Post 4

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

it's hard to whisper a good rebel yell


And if you want to get offensive...

Post 5

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

go brush your teeth, for god's sake!


With a rebel yell

Post 6

ric

Not so much a rebellion as an oportunistic lunge as europe twice tried to destoy itself. see my 'America' page.


From a skinny American

Post 7

Anonymouse

smiley - musicalnote With a rebel yell he cried, "More, more, more!" smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more