A Conversation for Talking Point: Family Stories

"the tooth's in my eye!"

Post 1

lil_fred333

Well this isn't much of a heroic, historic, change-your-life-forever story. But it sure as heck is a strange one.

It happened a few years ago when my little brother was about eight. He woke up at the crack of dawn like most little kids do, and woke my mother up, excitedly jumping around.

"My tooth fell out! Mummy! My tooth fell out!" He said giddily.smiley - biggrin

Now most little kids are very excited when something changes. Wheather they grow a foot taller or they finally learn to blow a bubble with gum. But losing a tooth is the best childhood acomplishment. Because every one knows, the tooth fairy comes if you leave it under your pillow. smiley - winkeye

But of course, I, the sleepy, bed-headed pre-teen was still lieing in bed. And I just so happened to have lost a tooth the other day, so the "tooth fairy purse" was under my pillow.

"As soon as Alex gets up," my mum told my brother softly, "I promis you can have the purse" So while he waited for me to get out of bed. He decided to watch some saterday morning cartoons.

Now there is nothing dangerous about caroons. Not by them selves any way. I mean sure Tom and Jerry might be squashed by anvills, but nothing really harms the veiwer.

Unless of course you are my brother. And unless you have a large tooth in the hand your resting your face on.smiley - erm

The next thing you know, my brother is running out into the hall and up to my mother with his hand clutched desperatly over his left eye.

"Mummy! Mummy! There's a tooth in my eye! The tooth's in my eye!" he screamed. smiley - wah

My startled mother grabed him firmly by the shoulders and quietly said in an attempt to calm him down, "Don't be silly dear. The tooth can't be in your EYE. You probably just dropped it down the sofa and your eye hurts because you were rubbing it."

"NO MUMMY! It's in my eye! It's in my EYE!!!" He hollared histerically throwing his hands up into the air.

"No sweety it can't be in..." My mum stopped suddenly noticing a large, horrible lump at the very top of my brother's left cheek. "OH MY GOD!!!" She yelled in shock, "IT"S IN YOUR EYE!!!"

This of course didn't calm the little boy down at all. He started crying patheticly, as my mother tryed to calmly explain that he might have to go to the Emergency room, with out upsetting him to much.

"... It's not that it's going to hurt or anything daer. It's just that mummy isn't a docter and I don't want to damage your eye. I'm going to have one go at it, but if it does't come out we'll have to go to the hospitall. But DON'T worry! It's alright..."

Now mean while... I had been taking my own sweet time getting out of bed and getting the tooth fairy purse my mother had asked for. So Right when my mother finally got her son to settle down a bit, I came in still in my "Save the cows, eat more chicken" Pajamas.

"Mummy? I have the tooth fairy purse. Hey timmy? What's wrong? What tooth did you lose? Can I see."smiley - cheerup

This of course started a whole new bout of wales and screams from timmy.smiley - wah But how was I suposed to know? I've never seen some one who had just jabbed a tooth into their eye before.smiley - erm

Well anyway. The tooth finally came out, and we didn't have to go to the E.R. after all. My brother now has a minor fear of teeth, but that's alright.smiley - ok

He's done alot of strange things...( tryed to balence on a rusty nale wich went through his foot; ate a cookie straight out of the oven, wich made a "hissss" noice when he put it in his mouth; Ect.) but the tooth in the eye tops it all.

Thank you Timmy, for giving us so much to laugh at.smiley - cool

~~~lil_fred333smiley - smiley

QUOTE: "Gentalmen! You can't fight in here, this is a war-room!"


Key: Complain about this post

"the tooth's in my eye!"

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more