A Conversation for Many Tasty Things to do with a Butternut Squash

my no fat squash soup

Post 1

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I think maybe I shoudl write this up as a 'proper' recipe? Trouble is I rarely weigh or measure anything when I am cooking, far more of a 'bit of this, bit of that, bung in some of the other' kind of cook smiley - biggrin

ie peel and de-seed the squash, cut the peppers in half and remove the stalk and seeds, and de-seed the chillies, then roast together in a pre heated oven at about 190 degrees for 30 minutes.

Do you think I should include my recipe for the vegetable stock? Any stock would do really, I just like making my own. Think I usually add around 2 pints of it to the whizzed up squash.

Can add salt and pepper to taste (although I don't usually bother with the salt). If really pushing the boat out then a spoonful of low fat natural yoghurt in the bowl when you serve it always looks nice - or I suppose you could add cream smiley - erm defeating the point of it being a no-fat recipe!

Good effort smiley - ok


my no fat squash soup

Post 2

Dogster

I'll add the extra detail when I clean the entry up. If you want to include a stock recipe that would be great. Maybe there is already one in the guide?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more