A Conversation for H2G2 Parent and Child Group.

Baby clothes (a rant)

Post 1

Gargoyle

Why is it so impossible for manufacturers to standardise baby clothes sizes? Lilith is quite small (13lb 13 1/2oz at 22 weeks), she still fits into most of her 0-3 month clothes and some of her newborn ones. But then there are some 3-6 months clothes that are already too small for her. I measured two sleepsuits, both labeled "3-6 months, 68cm". Oe was more than four inches longer than the other! Its crazy. I know kids are individuals and will never all be the same shape - but surely it would be easier to find clothes if they were standardised, or even if they actually fitted babies the length/weight they claim. Especially as the alleged sizes (ie what the label says) are the same.


Baby clothes (a rant)

Post 2

Jimi X

We've always used the rule of thumb to buy a clothing size that is twice the baby's age. Since Meredith is nearly a year old, we buy two-year old clothes and they seem to fit just fine.

It's stupid, but it works! smiley - smiley


Baby clothes (a rant)

Post 3

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

Charlotte still wears some 0-3 month things, and one lovely sleepsuit she never wore at all because it was 3-6 and I didn't try it on her until she was 2 months old, when it was too small.smiley - sadface

My niece Meredith weighs 14lbs at 11 weeks, Charlotte was 17 1/2lbs at six months and a friend's baby was 18lbs at 14 months. Weight and age are completely incompatible things with clothing.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more