A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Imardin

The King's Palace

Post 141

TBC

... Maybe.
I... I'm the ruler... of an small area. Olde A'tlatha. A mining city. The army is most of the troops we had, all those I can spare - the only access to the city is via a mountain pass so we don't need too many people.
I hadn't been back in a long time. Since I found out about my father's past... I found Alliance sympathisers in control of the city... that has changed now. The Farranger's will rule there again. But my duty is here for now. The army is here to help. We also have metal and provisions that we could spare.
I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but you didn't need to know and I didn't need to think about it.

~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 142

Feuille v. 2

I...didn't need to know? *Insult almost gathers in her face before she smiles and shakes her head.* I guess I didn't, at that. Thank you. A mining city sounds very good right now.

So. You're the blood ruler of your small fiefdom. I'm suddenly the ruler here. I suppose we should strike a formal alliance, no? *she holds out her hand for him to shake, smiling wryly.*


The King's Palace

Post 143

TBC

*Thoran laughs slightly*
There isn't much need for that. Still *takes her hand* any help I can offer I will give you.

~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 144

Feuille v. 2

*she grips his hand tightly.*

I don't know how much I'll be in the Guild. I'll try to be everywhere at once, of course. Will you make sure any apprentices are trained? And...look after my smithying chambers. I hate to think what they're like.


The King's Palace

Post 145

TBC

Of course I will... but Elandra you need to remember you can't do everything on your own. You must delegate some tasks!

~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 146

Feuille v. 2

*She smiles*

It's funny you should say that. Shaylar...she's my second, as I was Craxus's. She's looking after the Guild for me. There's Captain Manning of the Guard. And of course, there's you.


The King's Palace

Post 147

TBC

Of course. Just... make sure you don't work yourself too hard. We'll all be here to help you.

~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 148

Feuille v. 2

*she smiles*

I know. Thank you.

Right. Business. Something's happening. I don't know what...there was this business with a demon-dragon creature. *She explains*



Now Lycan is being targeted. I'm sure that something's building up, but I don't know what.


The King's Palace

Post 149

TBC



~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 150

Feuille v. 2

<ahh...check the high council chamber. That's a good bet! smiley - biggrin


The King's Palace

Post 151

Feuille v. 2

*she sighs*

If you'll excuse me for a moment...I think people need to be notified of this. I'm sure that rumours are already starting.

*She summons the steward*

My good man, I need you to make an announcement in the city. Go to the Town Market to make it. That's where the most people will be at this time of day.

[Steward] But my Lady - my Queen - don't you think the nobles should be informed first?

[Elandra] Who do you think really has the power? If the people aren't told I won't have what support I can wring. I need this city to be secure, not tearing itself apart from the inside.

*she spends a few minutes writing something down, signing it.*

[Elandra] I guess I'll need a seal or something. Go. Take this. *she hands him the scroll.* Make the announcement in the Town Market, and then in the Barracks. The Guard need to know who their commanding officer reports to. From there, the news should spread reliably quickly.

[Steward] As...as you wish, my Queen.

*she looks faintly pained as he runs off.*

[Elandra] I hope I never get used to that title. It's not mine to have.


The King's Palace

Post 152

TBC

No? You know why people end up being rulers? There are two ways. The first is tyranny. Taking power at the point of a sword and keeping the sword always by your side. The other, the better is because other people look up to you, accept you. Because you will take control when no one else will.
The title is yours for now. Perhaps one day you will not be the best person for the job, but that day is not now. The city needs you now, you must be there for it.

~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 153

Feuille v. 2

*She strengthens at his words.*

Yes. You're right, of course. I will do what I have to do...I hope you didn't doubt that.


The King's Palace

Post 154

TBC

Not for a minute. And if you need any help doing it I'm here and as you can guess I have some expertise in this area!

~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 155

Feuille v. 2

*She smiles*

How much of your Warrior skills do you remember?

Do I need to test you?


The King's Palace

Post 156

TBC

*smiles wryly*
If you want to you can see what I know... but I haven't forgotten much.

~Thoran


The King's Palace

Post 157

Hamster of Doom (Zantir Ictell)

*slowly but with certain and careful Movements, Zantir Ictell makes his way into the palace*


The King's Palace

Post 158

[...]

*Lans finds this interesting*


The King's Palace

Post 159

Feuille v. 2

<smiley - yikes is Lan there?!>

*Zantir has yet to reach the main chamber. That chambers doors are closed; he'll need to knock if he wants to enter*

*she grins* I trust you.

In fact, I... I don't really think you should be simply an Adept, any more. Your combat skills are good, your enchantment original...and obviously your leadership skills are far better than I had expected.

I want you to be an Elder, Thoran. Do you think you can cope with that?


The King's Palace

Post 160

Tivunel

*Alanna goes into the palace*

*Wanders around aimlessly for a while whilst not admiting to herself that she is lost*

*Spots a pair of closed double doors that look official*

*knocks*


Key: Complain about this post