A Conversation for The Fosse Way: - 'A Journey through Roman Britain'

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 81

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

I've taken some shots and put them in my Yah-boo folder Bob. Some of them could have been better, but I was dodging traffic most of the time and trying not to get smiley - injured. I might venture out again during the next week and head towards Bath. I can't help thinking that the best shot would be an overhead one, but I don't know anyone I could blag a balloon ride from.smiley - evilgrin
Still think you should throw it out to the photo group though, its a long road...


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 82

bobstafford

I am still having trouble posting to the group But you can cut n paste this.

In order and it is tough as they are all good

North of Podimore Roundabout 2
Fosseway Court (its a British countryside Roman road as it is imagimed)
Fosseway at Pylle
Fosseway North of Podimore Roundabout
Fosseway North of Lyford on Fosse
Fosseway over river Cary spur viewed Southwards
Fosseway North of Pye Hill at Pylle
Fosseway Pitcote to Stratton On The Fosse
Fosseway over river Cary spur viewed Southwards

That was as hard they are all the dogs......
I hope the others are as enthuastic as I am.



Please publish this message.

------------------------------------------------

Hi All
Radox The Green has diced with death to bring to us a set of Fosseway photos. Please can I ask that one of them be considered and included in the entry A25829102 the Fosseway. Please can the members to vote on them I have my choice but I think the others might like as say.
Bob...

-----------------------------------------------


There mate nothing to do but cut and paste and thanks again it is very good of you to take the trouble, I'm chuffed.

Bob... smiley - cheers


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 83

Gnomon - time to move on

Bob, the Fosse Way entry already has a very nice photo, and it is normal to have only one photo. You should ask the Editors directly if you want to replace that photo with a different one.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 84

bobstafford

Hi Gnomon

Yes I understand that but on previous occasions the club moderators have taken on the task and liaised with the Ed's on behalf of the members if they think it necessary.
I wouldn't like to go behind their backs. They may decide its to late but that is thair decision thats what the h2g2 photo group is for...

All is not lost however A26710616 will need multiple photos.
I am very pleased that someone is keen enough to take the trouble to go out and do that for one of my entries, and they are good photos.
Hay thats an idea early peek at A26710616 and comments from you would be nice, if you dont mind its a trip on the roads today.smiley - smiley


Bob...


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 85

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

Hi Gnomon, Bob asked me back in post 67 if I could do some photos for this entry and dropped some heavy hints before that, which is partly why I went out and took some (the other being research into Yeovil and Ilchester for my Hootoo uni project). Until you gave me the proper link address I wasn't aware there was another photo in the frame (if you'll pardon the pun).

Bob, do you still want me to post the request to the group, or do you want to stick with the photo that's there now? I don't mind either way, as if they're not used here I can always keep them on file for my own project on Somerset (working on it offline...it's big) or I might even add the pre cropped originals to Google Earth. smiley - smiley


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 86

Gnomon - time to move on

This Entry is now on the front page, with the picture of the Romans.

If you want to add other photos to the Entry, you'll have to take it up with the Editors, as it is normal to only have one photo on an Entry.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 87

Gnomon - time to move on

Bob, I notice that the Editors decided they didn't like my Tables giving information about the towns after all. They've used the following format for the information about towns:

Roman name: Isca Dumnoniorum
Translation: 'The riverside settlement of the Dumnonii'
Condition: 4

You should use this format too in any future entries about Roman roads. Meanwhile, I'll go and change the Watling Street entry to match that.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 88

Gnomon - time to move on

Bob, I've added the details about the Arepo inscription to the Entry. Was there something else that needed to be added too? Or was that it?


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 89

Gnomon - time to move on

Oh yes, I remember now. The slight confusion over the state of Nettlebridge. I think I've cleared that up now.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Fosse Way: - 'A Journey through Roman Britain'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more