A Conversation for The Funny Pages

The Beano is 3000

Post 1

Demon Drawer

This week is the historic 3000th issue of the Beano, estd. 1938. The home of Dennis the Menace, Biffo the Bear, the Bash Street Kids amongst it's legends. This weeks issue is featuring guest appearances by Brooklyn Beckham and Chris Evans amongst a host of birthday specials I am sure. Can't wait to get one. I wonder who in Glascow in 1938 would have envisioned a 3000th edition this early in 2000 some great mathematician was at work.


The Beano is 3000

Post 2

Emlock

Say what you like about them, they know how to get into the newspapers. I wonder what free gift they will have on the cover?


The Beano is 3000

Post 3

Awix

I vaguely recall Issue 2000 coming out when I was a kid. Sticking with long-running UK comics, what prog is 2000AD up to? Are they going to change the name or what?


The Beano is 3000

Post 4

Demon Drawer

They had free stickers for your bedroom door. Shame mine are now living in plastic after a quick careful read alonside good old 2000 which came out just after I stopped getting them regularly.


The Beano is 3000

Post 5

Drool Frood the Second

I wish the stickers from my daughters copy were still on the front page.
I now have gnasher on my bathroom door,plug next to the mirror in my hall, a pig on the bedroom door and another one next to the phone!!!
Still I will make allowances as I loved the Beano when I was a child.
My favorites were the Bash street kids and Billy Whizz(the well known pseudonym)
What ever happened to Q bikes and General jumbo?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more