A Conversation for Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Peer Review: A22743614 - Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Post 1

robbwindow

Entry: Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK. - A22743614
Author: robbwindow - U2271089

Big Brother needs to get real. This review uses Chomsky, Barthes, Hill, Todorov, Jim Carrey and many more to explain realism of U.K. Big Brother.


A22743614 - Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Post 2

McKay The Disorganised

Well - I tried because its an interesting idea. However, research Research Research.

Start by finding out the difference between utopia and distopia.

smiley - cider


A22743614 - Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Post 3

robbwindow

Distopia a binary opposite that seems contray to my article submitted however it seems an acceptable anti thesis, thanks 4 the feedback.


A22743614 - Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Post 4

Recumbentman

This is a university project, right?

You will have to make some changes before it fits the h2g2 format.

Put it in GuideML; look up the GuideML Clinic A187229

Take out first-person references and irrelevancies, viz
>Footnote: Russell Brand has announced that he has quit. Edemol this week just purchased The Hammer house of Horror a new element am sure that may influence the format or comedy genre of big brother in UK. Meanwhile this week begins a new episode of big brother. The only contestants I’ve met who has been on big brother is Goldie, Bez and Ken. I have met all the comedians who host the shows and have just noticed a new advert on the web-site ‘Celebrity Big Bubble’ “Stay in and get tanked”, Marilyn Manson appears to be the winner.

Put the references to books into footnotes, and give the name of a book at its first mention, not just the authors and page-numbers. The bibliography should be in real footnotes, not a final paragraph called "footnote". If you wish to list books not quoted or cited in the body of the entry, put them in under a header "Further Reading" or some such.

Tidy up the grammar, e.g.
> The name ‘Big Brother’ have origins from George Orwell’s idea


A22743614 - Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Post 5

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Looking at this, this seems to be heading towards personal opinion, or at least not fittign in with the writing guidelines for first-person usage. Have a look for the writing guidelines (don't have link handy ATM) and see what we want for entries in Peer Review


tjm

scout


A22743614 - Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Post 6

Recumbentman

A53209 Writing for the Edited Guide


A22743614 - Endemol: Realism in Big Brother UK.

Post 7

Milos

rob, will you be doing any more work on this?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more