A Conversation for Merry Christmas from Everyone at h2g2 and TDV!

The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 1

John D.M.

Once upon a time, I was intrigued by the number '42' the answer to everything as given in the 'Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy'.

It took me all the years since the HHGG first voiced this number to know the significance of the number 42 x 10.
The mythology of ancient Egypt tells us about the Judgment Hall where the King and god of the Dead, who is Osiris, and sits as the Judge to evaluate the evidence of the heart in respect of it's soul. The soul person, having died and left his spirit body in the tomb or grave, has to stand in front of the balance upon which his or her heart is being weighed to establish the truth about the soul. And if the heart does not say the correct and acceptable things, the Judge orders the heart to be thrown to the 42 demonic vicious animal gods that await upon these kind of negative judgments to tear the heart to pieces.
Now the feather of Truth which is weighed against the heart upon the other side of the balance, is from an Ostrich which has a 42 day incubation period, as do the vultures that fly around the hall.
And the ID 420 for the ordinary human, is made up of 273 for the spirit body that covers the soul, and 273 days is the mean period from conception to birth for humanity. (And 273 x 4/3 = 364 the ID for the Great Pyramid, and also the covering of the Moon.
So 420 less 273 = 147 the ID for heart and soul and this consists of 93 for the soul and 54 for the heart, and the heart and soul are of the Sun, which is 864,360 miles in diameter or 147 x 147 x 4 lots.

Now the Humpty Dumpty in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' says that there are in a year 364 unbirthdays, and the opposite to birth is death. And 3.640000e-09, the reciprocal, /481 feet the height of the Great Pyramid, leaves the square root at 755.747 feet the mean base width of the Great Pyramid. So the number 364 relates to the body of the Great Pyramid, the first wonder of the world.

Now at last to my interpretation for the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' and this is given by doing a calculation. Write down the list of the items in a column, that is the numbers 1 down to 12. Next write down a second column with the number of days given, that is 12 down to 1. Lastly complete a third column by multiplying each of the 12 rows, and then adding up the 12 answers in the third column, and the total of this colum is 364. Hence, the Twelve Days of Christmas' speaks of giving his true love a 'tomb' for the 'Twelve Days of Christmas', which is death!

Enough of this for now, but you did want my thoughts!

John D.M.


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 2

John D.M.

OK, having said Alice is told by Humpty Dumpty there are 364 unbirthdays each year, and the opposite to birth is death., the tomb.

Rhymes can be most allegorical:
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses and all the King's men,
Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

For Humpty Dumpty is thought to refer to King Richard III (1452-1485), the hunchbacked monarch. At the Battle of Bosworth Feild, he fell from his steed, a horse he had named 'Wall' (as dramatically rendered in Shakespeare's play 'Richard III:' 'A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!'). Richard was surrounded by enemy troops in the battle, and was butchered right there, his body being hacked to pieces. Hence the final part of the rhyme: 'All the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty together again.'"
Lewis Carroll changed the last line to "Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty in his place again.
So I was messing about with the number for the Millennium Dome on the Greenwich peninsula, the time line, where east meets west and so:
Humpty Dumpty sat on the Dome,
Humpty Dumpty fell off the Dome,
Humpty Dumpty broke every bone,
Humpty Dumpty couldn't go home,
Humpty Dumpty did very much moan,
Humpty Dumpty was on the phone
"I thought I was the capstone,
and the Dome was the Great Pyramid," speaking from his hospital bed.

But why did you think the Dome is the Great Pyramid? "Because it is 364 metres wide, and the ID for the Pyramid, and you won't find that measurement in the New Millennium Experience promotional pamphlets and literature, for it is only in the Construction Manual." said Humpty Dumpty.

Hence the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' represent the Millennium Dome here in London, England, called the premier Millennium Landmark site,
itself the symbol of the most famous tomb in the world.

Curiouser and curiouser!
John D.M.


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 3

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Loony, IQ 42, nods sagely


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 4

beeline

So you don't think that 364 might just be 365 (the integral number of days it takes for the earth to go around the Sun) minus 1 (the number of days upon which one can be born in that, or any other, period)?

Here's a good trick: take any number of numbers, manipulate them in a 'meaningful' way that produces other 'meaningful' numbers. Fun, isn't it! smiley - winkeye


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 5

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

You can do the same sort of thing with nature, for example - "Just beyond the Narrows the river widens" smiley - bigeyes


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 6

Researcher 102278

What's ot all got to do with the river widening?
Where's Humpty Dumpty and the Pyramid gone?


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 7

beeline

The 'widening river' thing was being used as an example to show how seemingly 'mysterious' connections are often in fact trivial. Numerology - the study of the interconnectedness of things due to the geometry or numbers that pertain to them - allows you to 'prove' that pretty much anything is connected to pretty much anything else, using an arbitrary enough number relation system. The reason that the number pi is associated with the pyramid is because pi is associated with circles, squares and simple geometry. There's no mystery. 12 (as in the 12 Days of Christmas) is a very common number for all sorts of things. It's divisible by 2, 3, 4 and 6, so it is handy for modular construction purposes, amongst others.

Similarly, people might think that a river widening after some narrows is somehow mysterious - you always see that relationship - why? Spooky! But the relationship is trivial - the term 'narrows' simply means 'that part of the river which is not wide', so when the narrows stop, the river will obviously go back to being wide.

This kind of attitude is common to a large number of people seeking special meaning and interconnectedness in all things (especially Egyptian), usually without understanding or realising the simple mathematical relationships that are known to exist at the most trivial and mundane level anyway. Occam's Razor - a guideline that says that the simplest explanation is most likely to be the actual one - can be applied to provide much more simple connections between things, rather than having to imply any mystery or conspiracy theories to deal with what is seen.

That's not to say that there aren't a large number of strange things connected with the Pyramids - there are. But not everything about them is necessarily mysterious.


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 8

Fruitbat

I agree with you. I would also like to point out a basic flaw in all these pyramid-dimension theories: The Great Pyramid of Cheops is indeed n-number of feet in height/width etc. This mysteriously corresponds to the number of bones in porpoise flipper, or whatever. But the dimensions of the pyramid can also be expressed in yards, inches, metres, arshinas, poronkusemas, or any other system of measurement, none of which were actually known to the builders of pyramids: all would give a number which could be related to something else. The number of blocks used would be a reasonably constant value to use as base of these speculations - unfortunately (for some) it is not known exactly.


The Twelve Days of Christmas = the Great Pyramid

Post 9

beeline

*laughs* Porpoises! Like it!

Most pyramid fanatics generally go for ratios of proportions (things like height:base_length, etc., which doesn't require any measurement system, and is therefore comparatively safe.

There's a pretty good but weird book around called 'The Dictionary of Interesting Numbers', which lists the mathematical properties and relationships of a very large number of numbers. In the intro, it says, basically, "...all numbers are interesting in one way or another. If ever a number were to be found that had no interesting properties, that property alone would make it interesting!"

Mathematicians. Bless 'em. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more