A Conversation for The Bus

Circle Bus... Carmel-by-the-Sea

Post 21

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
. .. ...graciouly takes the tool from tartaronne then turns and hands it to the now beer guzzling mechanic.. . .


. .. . .


oh dear . ... .sheepish grin to tartaronne. ... .

i think he is on a break right now... smiley - biggrin


Circle Bus... Carmel-by-the-Sea

Post 22

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space

smiley - runs in with big turkey sandwich and an apple. .. . .


here, Lester, i thought you might like this to um help you with the work.


coming along okay, are we? smiley - smiley


Circle Bus... Carmel-by-the-Sea

Post 23

tartaronne

*Enjoys the view - and a sandwich - while the mechanic fiddles with...tools and stuff smiley - winkeye*

*Rummages in her backpack and takes out a red thermo with hot smiley - coffee and a blue one with cold mineral water.*

A drink while we are waiting?



When I was young I took pride in fixing my own motorised bike. Now, however I'm not sure what's what under the bonnet of my car. Sig. S. is a skilled machine worker (I think it is called). He built motors for fishing vessels when he was young.

In this very little town, where I live, we have four garages with skilled auto mechanics working. One of them has just expanded, and as an opening session they arranged an evening: 'Woman, know your car'. A very good idea although I couldn't go that night. But the next time. I hate to be helpless, without initiative - and possible or probable solutions. smiley - smiley



*Closes eyes and takes in the rich, salty smell of sea*


Circle Bus... Carmel-by-the-Sea

Post 24

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
. ... .cleaning the carburator, that Lester has handed me, with gasoline and a stiff brush.. . . .

yeah i had the great 'fortune' of being married to a shadetree mechanic once... learned how to do this.. .

smiley - ill ugh, the fumes!

you know... . .sipping smiley - coffee. ... i rather gather why Lester is having trouble fixing this bus...
http://www.oxford-chiltern-bus-page.co.uk/upload141104/Tappins-old%20bus%20-%20K%20P%20Stevens.jpgsmiley - spacesmiley - biggrin i imagine it is hard to find parts for...


Circle Bus... Carmel-by-the-Sea

Post 25

tartaronne

A shade tree mechanic? I can figure it out halfway, I think. But can you explain nevertheless?

I imagine Lester has to make his own parts for the bus.


Circle Bus... Carmel-by-the-Sea

Post 26

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
sorry this took so long... smiley - smiley

a shadetree mechanic is someone who fixes cars under a shadetree beside the road as opposed to having a business garage where you take your vehicle. a shadetree mechanic can get paid for the work but if they do they usually dont charge very much. shadetree mechanics, in my experience, are usually exceptionally fine mechanics with a bonus of actually being human.

i want to apologize for bailing out on this bus tour... up until 7 years ago i had lived elsewhere but returned to the carmel area to help my aging and failing dad. The circumstances leading up to and surrounding his death were pretty awful and i didnt realize i had not fully recovered from all of it... this being a year later. So what happened is ,as i was taking this virtual tour of my hometown, 'it' all came back... though i didnt realize that that was what was the reason for being upset. Anyway, i do now, and i am sorry for reacting badly up there after the first few posts. smiley - smiley and sorry i can't continue this for now.


Circle Bus... Carmel-by-the-Sea

Post 27

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
smiley - doh ohhh and thank you so much for your gracious welcoming of me into The Circle smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more