This week we again enter the realm of UK video and dvd. We have chosen ten films, and taken the publicity blurb written on the front of the case from each. We have kindly accompanied every blurb with three films it might have come from. All you have to do is sort out which of the three possible answers is the correct one.
It was kindly pointed out the last time we ran this kind of quiz that not all blurb's on front covers are the same in every country, so please note that all blurb's have been taken from UK video's and DVD's.
If you would like to send your answers to us here at we will give
you a mention in next week's edition. An email address has been handily provided for you below the
Ten More Curious Cinematic Creations
- You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll hurl.
A. Wayne's World
B. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
- Suspense. Excitement. Adventure. On Every Level!
A. Final Fantasy
B. Die Hard
C. The Towering Inferno
- When he said I do, he never said what he did.
A. True Lies
B. Runaway Bride
C. The Wedding Singer
- Get ready for Rush Hour
A. Rush Hour
B. The Fast and the Furious
- He's the best there is! (Actually, he's the only one there is.)
B. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
C. Ace Ventura, Pet Detective
- A tale of murder, greed, lust, revenge and seafood.
A. Finding Nemo
B. A Fish Called Wanda
C. Jaws 2: The Revenge
- Everybody loved him... Everybody disappeared
A. Jerry MaGuire
B. X-Files: The Movie
C. 28 Days Later
- This ain't no chick flick
A. Calender Girls
B. Chicken Run
C. Driving Miss Daisy
- He's having the day of his life... over and over again.
A. Back to the Future
B. Tomorrow Never Dies
C. Groundhog Day
- It will take you a million light years from home
A. Galaxy Quest
B. The Empire Strikes Back
Send your answers to [email protected], please include
your h2g2 researcher name and 'U' number, so credit can be given where it is due.
Correspondence should be with me no later than Tuesday 2nd December 2003
Those that Deserve a Pat on the Back
Thank you for sending your answers in last week, there was a great response, here are those all important results. Well done to you all.
The Runner up is -
Kess - 8 Questions Correct
Amazingly Artful A-Words Answers
- A common venomous viper (Vipera berus) of Europe. Is it?
- The condition caused by lack of air. Is it?
- The place where bees are kept. Is it?
- A raised structure or place on which sacrifices are offered. Is it?
- The divination of the supposed influences of the stars and planets on human affairs. Is it?
- A pulpy green to purple nutty-flavored edible fruit. Is it?
- A disorder of the skin caused by inflammation of the skin glands and hair follicles. Is it?
- The commander in chief of a navy. Is it?
- A morbid dread of open spaces. Is it?
- A star shaped symbol. Is it?