A Conversation for Cream (the band)

This entry, Cream.

Post 61

Mike A (snowblind)

I never even -saw- what they did to the Cenotaph...I don't even know what the hell it is! I only heard about the "who ate all the pies?" on Churchill from a friend...shows how pussy British newspapers are.

Patron S. of whannabe guitar players are we PG? That'll be one for me then *^_^*


This entry, Cream.

Post 62

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Do you actually play guitar at all? I only started a few months ago.


This entry, Cream.

Post 63

Mike A (snowblind)

Yup, play bass. Been playing for 8 months, and I'm actually kind of ok at it. Once my exams are over I can start playing it properly again smiley - smiley


This entry, Cream.

Post 64

Penguin Girl - returned at last

You don't have to be good to be a bass player. You just have to know a little to sound good, so you can get away with quite a bit. smiley - smileyplus, there aren't all that many of you. I just play acoustic guitar, and forgot to go to my lesson yesterday, which I'm still kicking myself for.


This entry, Cream.

Post 65

Mike A (snowblind)

Actually, at my last lesson my teacher started showing me how to work out rhythems. And then I realised just how little I knew about bass-playing. So I'll still be taking lessons...

I just received this entry to sub-edit. Reading over it, I was thinking "if this wasn't my entry, then I'd reject it". I need to find a way to work on it before another subbie sees it!


This entry, Cream.

Post 66

Penguin Girl - returned at last

I should re-read it, then I might be able to help you. Pretty much all I know about Cream besides which songs I like is from your article though, so I might not be that helpful...
If you ever get any of my entries(all 2 of them, I believe) just reject them. Mine are horrible. I could never find anything I really thought I knew enough about.


This entry, Cream.

Post 67

Mike A (snowblind)

Like, corpiment and realgar?

Ok, I'll come clean. I got that article and marked it as ACCEPT. I didn't want to tell you too soon cos I wanted to wait until the PTB had passed judgement over it.
I haven't seen it hit the official guide yet, so did the PTB reject it? smiley - sadface

I got loads of info on Cream from a Clapton biography, so I could easily update today. I just need motivation...


This entry, Cream.

Post 68

Penguin Girl - returned at last

It was orpiment and realgar. Thanx for approving it. I knew a subbie had it because it's wait time had changed, but I havent's heard anything about it yet. I guess that might be an exception due to the fact that I doubt anyone else has ever even heard of the topic. It was a school report, originally. The only other reports I've done that are that indepth are one of peguins, for which there's already an article, and one ono marijuana, which I felt should be written by someone who's actually smoked it.


This entry, Cream.

Post 69

Mike A (snowblind)

If you've got any information that you think needs to be added to the penguin article, then you can contact the sub-editor and he should see that the info gets added. Failing that, I'll see what I can do.

I could write an article on dope, but it would be something along the lines of "I got taste in my mouth" and how I went about it, what I did etc. No info on actually -smoking- it, cos I didn't get much out of it smiley - sadface


This entry, Cream.

Post 70

Psybro

M


This entry, Cream.

Post 71

Psybro

Mike, you know my Pokémon Entry got back in the pile for approval? That was because I didn't unsubmit it after it was approved. My badsmiley - sadface. Sorry if anyone's time was wasted.


This entry, Cream.

Post 72

Mike A (snowblind)

Didn't unsubmit it? Articles are automatically unsubmitted after they get approved. Maybe it was a bug.
Didn't waste much time, so everything's cool.

I feel like quitting h2g2. But, my problem is: How Do You Crack A Seven Month Habit?
I've been with h2g2 for over seven months, and now I'm starting to find it a bit of a drag. The same attitudes and outlooks...it's getting a bit dull.
I'd be the first to say that I have done things and met people who/that I have enjoyed and these things would have been impossible without h2g2. But now it's becoming routine...the magic has gone. Maybe it's because it's late, and I've been discussing facism a lot, and got in trouble many a time. I'm getting bored, time to move on...
But how? I've tried to stop coming here before. It's impossible! It's like trying to kick bloody smoking! Hmmm...this will be hard...


This entry, Cream.

Post 73

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Don't quit cold turkey...just cut down. lol. You can't come here every day. Don't try. Once or twice a week, and only reply to the first 10 forums. see how you feel then.

As for dope...I've never actually smoked it, but I went to Woodstock 99 and was constantly exposed to it for three days straight, so I have a pretty good idea of how it smells. Since that's the limit of my experience, as I said I don't think I qualify to write the article.


This entry, Cream.

Post 74

Mike A (snowblind)

Well, I posted in three forums yesterday, and I'm doing a run this morning before I got school. Fair deal.

Wasn't Woodstock 99 the one with all fights and trouble and that?


This entry, Cream.

Post 75

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Wow, I lost this forum for a while...I wasn't online for a few weeks and I must have overlooked it or something...oops.

Woodstock 99 wasn't that much fighting. It ran from a friday morning through sunday a midnight. Late at night on Sunday, the Red Hot Chili Peppers were playing. They decided to hand out a peace candle to every one of the several hundred thousand people there. SO everyone had an open flame. This was when the trouble started. Personally, I left around 5 on Sunday, because I had to be home Monday morning, and wasn't involved in it at all. The part that I was at was very peaceful, but did get bad press because of the large amounts of beer, pot, and ecstasy, as well as the fact that almost all of the men and a large percentage of the women were topless, and a lot of people were totally naked, and there was a fat guy walking around in a speedo... It was a lot of fun. I kinda regret sleeping at night though.


This entry, Cream.

Post 76

Mike A (snowblind)

Hey, soon I'm gonna be away for 5 weeks too!

Red Hot Chili Peppers suck. And that candles idea was a bit silly. Better let the fans bring their rock lighters, and get 'em out during Fear Of The Dark smiley - winkeye


This entry, Cream.

Post 77

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Hey, I'm back after another 3 week absence. I'd ask you when you're gettin gback, but it'd be a stupid question, seeing as you can't really reply until you are back.

I have to agree with you about the candles. What were they thinking?


This entry, Cream.

Post 78

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

Well, being candles, they must have been thinking...


This entry, Cream.

Post 79

Penguin Girl - returned at last

perhaps...but what?


This entry, Cream.

Post 80

Mike A (snowblind)

I've kinda lost track of what's being discussed. I think I'll pass outta it *^_^*


Key: Complain about this post