A Conversation for Dead Bands - Where are they now?

John Otway

Post 1

Janea57

Contrary to the title of this page "Dead Bands - Where Are You Now?", John Otway has never disappeared! He is still going very strong and his fan base is huge. Over the past few years he has sold out the Royal Albert Hall, played to thousands at Glastonbury and his song "Beware of The Flowers - Cos I'm Sure They're Gonna Get You - Yeah" was voted the 7th Favourite Lyric of All Time in a BBC National Poll - ahead of Bob Dylan!

This year is going to be a Big One for Otway, as his fans have promised him a second hit single for his 50th birthday - his first being "Really Free" 25 years ago in 1977 - and we are going to chose what it is. He recently recorded the B Side at Abbey Road Studios with a backing chorus of a 1000 fans, and those fans - and many, many more, have requested a Voting CD of 11 songs so that we can chose the next hit single. The result of the poll (independently checked by the Electoral Reform Society) will be announced at a gig at the Astoria, London on 27th July.

So confident is he that he will have a hit for his birthday, Otway has booked the London Palladium for the first Sunday in October - just after the charts are announced - so that we can all celebrate him being a TWO Hit Wonder together.

So far from being a candidate for "Where Are You Now?" - he is still a pretty big microstar.


You can read all about the Hit Campaign and how you can help at [Broken link removed by Moderator] and http://www.otnews.net


John Otway

Post 2

alji's

Janea57, edit your page and tell us something about yourself. smiley - ok A nice ACE (Assistant Community Editor) type person will come along and say welcome when you do. Oh you could write an entry about John Otway too.
smiley - cheers

If you want to see how a page is constructed, replace the 'U' in front of the researcher number with 'testuserspace' e.g. U172782 becomes testuserspace172782 .
For entries just replace the 'A' with test e.g. test712595.
You can click on anything underlined and if you click on a smiley you will be instantly transported to the smiley page where you will see all the smileys you can use. Some of the smileys on my page are links, so clicking on them will show you some of my contributions to h2g2. I use classic goo (the original colour of the h2g2 site before the beeb took over)

Alji smiley - zensmiley - wizardof the Red Dragon (Swynwr y Ddraig Goch) (conducting a sun sign poll at A712595)(Member of The Guild of Wizards U197895 looking for wiz kids to join, though you don't have to be a wiz kid just know a bit about some subject that you think will be of interest to others or just bore the pants off them. This is an equal opportunities space open to all sexes, ages and abilities)


John Otway

Post 3

Theramin

Ali
er .... Thanks for that but this thread is to tell everyone how brilliant John Otway is so some confusion there.
Everyone will have a chance to find out soon as the Hit campaign (see jane's post above) hots up.

Apparently web references are not allowed so I think if you type "otopoly" into a search engine of your choice
you should find out a lot more.

Trust me! I am a chemist!

Theramin




John Otway

Post 4

alji's

Oops I made a boo boo!
You need to type 'testuserpage', not 'testuserspace'. So the URL you'll need to test Rocket Man's user page (for example) is -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/testuserpage177704

Alji smiley - zensmiley - wizard(Member of The Guild of Wizards @ U197895)smiley - surfer


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more