A Conversation for Haunted Houses

Halloween Ghost Walk

Post 1

FG

I live in Montana. This weekend, some friends and myself are attending the Bannack Ghost Tour. This is an event that is scheduled every year, usually the weekend before Halloween. Bannack, Montana was the state's first capital and is now a ghost town (this would be an interesting guide entry in itself) and state park. For a nominal fee--$4.00 per vehicle and $2.00 per person--park rangers take visitors on a nighttime tour of the ghost town. There are two tours, starting at seven and nine in the evening. Reservations are required. If you want more information for your guide entry their number is (406) 834-3413.
In general, I think haunted houses based in reality--an actual "haunted" residence or area--in itself is much more fun. It adds an element of fear and surprise when and if something does happen. This doesn't have to be supernatural, obviously. Just having an actor or volunteer jump out from the shadows or random noises and lights would be enough. Your heart races faster and the adrenalin courses through you're thinking something scary might occur...
The silly events held in school gymnasiums don't cut it for anyone over the age of ten.
Also, if you're looking for haunted houses in general there are a lot of books dealing with "true" ghost stories in various localities. The public library is a great starting place.
Ain't Halloween the greatest holiday? smiley - winkeye


Halloween Ghost Walk

Post 2

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

On holiday in Wales once we went on a ghost walk through Conwy, a very old town, and were told stories about the towns history and ghosts. The tour employed a couple of other people to Lurk around corners in strange costumes but they weren't too obvious about it. The most frightening bit came along an alley way with high walls on each side, we were all crowded in the entrance when a man in a hairy suite jumped over that wall, (must have been 9ft.) and ran away in the other direction. It was the suddeness that was scary and the whole tour was scary because it was done quite subtely. That worked much better than some bloke with an axe popping up and menacing us.

FABT


Halloween Ghost Walk

Post 3

FG

What's a hairy suite? smiley - tongueout


Halloween Ghost Walk

Post 4

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

sorry, hairy suit

like chewbacca in star wars

fingers got over exhited by all the adrenalin and forgot how to type

FABT


Halloween Ghost Walk

Post 5

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

sorry, hairy suit

like chewbacca in star wars

fingers got over exhited by all the adrenalin and forgot how to type

FABT


Halloween Ghost Walk

Post 6

FG

smiley - yikes I had no idea typing could be so exciting!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more