A Conversation for Season of Mists and Thorough Nastiness

Bywater, you poor bloke

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Do you suppose you have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)? I believe it can be cured with lots of high-watt light bulbs.

It also sounds like you could do with some heating in your cottage. Chase those mushrooms out of your laundry. Or eat them.

Lil


Bywater, you poor bloke

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

Chrisalive Lil! You scared me now. I'm here checking out old forums (one of my favourite threads is in here) and who do I bump into?!

Old times eh? Brings me back to that journal entry I wrote a few weeks back. Except I'm not quite so glum smiley - winkeye


Bywater, you poor bloke

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I don't see any sign that this researcher has been back to pick up his mail, though smiley - sadface


Bywater, you poor bloke

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

It's odd. When I was green here, I had the idea that this guy was a regular feature of h2g2's front page. With a researcher # of 88, he's obviously one of the staff (or was one of the staff) or something. But where has he gone?
There a quite a few dudes with three-or-less figure researcher numbers that have vanished. I wonder what they do?


Bywater, you poor bloke

Post 5

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

If he was a staff member, he would be in italics.

A lot of researchers do arrive, lay down a really promising user page and then never come back again. I bet there would be any easy way to check out how recently any researcher has posted to anything, or else they couldn't produce the statistics they do, but it might not be good for business to know that a lot of registrants were only here once...


Bywater, you poor bloke

Post 6

Mike A (snowblind)

Good points.
Nearly 50,000 registered users (it will be 50K in a month or so), but imagine the chaos if a sizeable amount of that number started posting. What's the most you've seen on Who's Online? 80-something for me. What percentage if 46,000 (thereabouts) is that?!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more