A Conversation for Season of Mists and Thorough Nastiness

Fall vs Whatever you people call it

Post 1

That Funny Guy

As an American, I'd just like everyone to know I am quite capable of spelling Ahtim. Fall is merely a superior word.


Fall vs Whatever you people call it

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

Autumn-quite obviosly a season that you learn to spell in Year 2.

Fall-fall? I've just had a fall? Have you hurt yourself? What are you talking about? I'm trying to talk aboiut the autumn and you lot are falling over.


Fall vs Whatever you people call it

Post 3

The Dancing Tree

Autumn, a beauctiful word with thousands of years of history. Based on the Old French autompne, which in turn was based on the Latin autumnus, which may itself have been a rare word based on older Etruscan origins.

Fall: put into the American version of English by time travelling pop stars, because Fall can rhyme with ball, hall, wall, tall, call, and many other words, thus making their autumnal (fallal?) songs sound nicer. Autumn only rhymes with thumb or bum, rarely used in pop songs.


Fall vs Whatever you people call it

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

Thus proving that autumn is the superior word.

Go look at the forum Pop Or Crap?


Autumn superior? Mine eyes decieve me.

Post 5

That Funny Guy

Hey, we use our name to create easy-to-remember titles for events, such as a Fall Ball, or a Fall Brawl (as the case may warrant)
Non-Americans have what, Autumn Bottom?


No Subject

Post 6

That Funny Guy

Also, "TIME TRAVELING POP STARS"?!?!?!?


Autumn is a word that kicks butt!

Post 7

Mike A (snowblind)

You don't need a fall brawl to show that a word is superior. Auntumn is exactly what it says-autumn. Fall is a fall, somebody falls over.
Maybe it's because leaves FALL in the autumn? Why not call the autumn 'wet', because it rains in the autumn.

Autumn sounds nicer than fall as well. Fall is a cheap, nasty American import.

Up Communism!


Autumn is a word that kicks butt!

Post 8

The Dancing Tree

To anyone with a basic biblical knowledge "fall" has more sinister overtones - ie: the fall of man. It's also a slightly odd British pop/rock group.

I don't see anyone getting Autumn mixed up with such things. Except bananas.


Autumn is a word that kicks butt!

Post 9

Mike A (snowblind)

Not even bananas!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more