A Conversation for Season of Mists and Thorough Nastiness

Autumn

Post 1

Mike A (snowblind)

Autumn and winter are, in my opinion, better than summer. If you get cold you can put on a jumper, and this is preferable to bearing all like some kind of Chippendale. In winter there is no sun, therefore no glare on televisions, no potentially fatal bright light when driving, no burnt eyeballs, no skin cancer etc.

Best of all, you can't get any skids boasting about how brown their skin is and how many years they've just shaved off their lifespan.

Goddamn it! Can't you see there isn't an ozone layer to protect us from the sun! Why worship the sun by lying naked in it and calling yourself 'cool' when it's killing us all?

And you don't get any Christmas and winter snow in summer. And remember the torrent of rain in autumn/winter does wonders to repair the damage caused by summer droughts.


Autumn

Post 2

Rox

An intergalactic researcher really ought to know that there is more to the earth than that part north of the equator.

Some of us do get Christmas in summer - which means we can actually enjoy it instead of being afflicted by SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) - which appears to be a purely northern hemisphere phenomenon.

Mind you, some people insist on having Christmas in July as well, but hell who am I to say that there's anything wrong with having two parties. - just as those of us who know that the new millenium doesn't start until 2001 will join the misguided for their party on New Year's Eve 1999 and then have our own bash a year later.


Autumn

Post 3

Mike A (snowblind)

Explain some stuff for us please.

How does December 25th fall in July(or thereabouts?)

How does 0+2000 equal 2001?


Autumn

Post 4

Shade

1. In the southern hemisphere, it is the middle of winter in july and summer in december, thus some people may choose to celebrate christmas in July.

2. The 1st century began in 1 AD (CE). Thus, the 21st century begins in 2001. The year 2000 is the LAST year of the 20th century (technically)


Autumn

Post 5

Mike A (snowblind)

Was there actually a year 0? I don't think so. There might have been though. As I've said in another forum-time is an illusion. So I don't think it really matters.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more