Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK

7 Conversations

Milton Keynes is a new town between London and Birmingham.

Milton Keynes is an interesting place - anywhere that has concrete cows and is proud of it is certainly not your run-of-the-mill place. I used to think that it was an empty soul-less place, full of office blocks and the people split up into little groups by the almighty car. It's true that without a car you can find travel a problem, but what town hasn't got the same problem?

As for having no soul, either it has grown on me as the years have gone by or the town has found its identity, and it doesn't seem that bad. Okay, so it has concrete cows, some very strange statues, even its own search and rescue team, but it also has a large shopping centre, a new theatre, a large cinema, loads of pubs and clubs, one of the lowest rates of unemployment in the country, and soon a massive indoor ski slope. Add to this one of the youngest average populations and this is a town finding its feet.

Give it a try.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A156403

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more