A Conversation for Don't Panic

Women's brain muscles

Post 41

CoX

Yes, one big string situated in the fronthead. But dont worry men also have one but not so strong (big).
You can compare it with a cabel that transmisses elektronic information from one sinde to the other, visversa and simultanly. In dependens of the cabel-diameter information flows more or less. Transfer-rappidity is linkt with "cabel temperatur"; training makes a master.
A problem is not only the rationaly workout of all this informationflow, but the formulation of words to create an understandable frase to send it to output.


women hormon

Post 42

CoX

An other differense between Wo- and men is the hormonproduktion. Women body is fabrikating more hormontypes. Many of them are still not well known and plenty of specifik women behaviour symptoms are relied to this fakt.
If one dont like someone else in german you can say: "I cannot smell this guy/girl." This shows the importance of the difference in chemistry betwen sexes.
Think of parfum, aphrodisiacum, swet, ...
You can stink or smell well, it depends of the person giving opinion.
smiley - winkeye CoX


Women's brain muscles

Post 43

IanG

But why would it be a muscle? Surely all that would be required is a bundle of nerve fibres? What would be the use of having a muscle inside the brain cavity?


Women

Post 44

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Are all you lovely people coming to the Party!!!! tonight?
Please?
Pretty Please?
A great time is promised........smiley - smileysmiley - fishsmiley - smiley


Women's brain muscles

Post 45

CoX

You are wright.
It's a bundle of nerve -not realy a muscel like it is called in slang.
But I'm glad you understand what I mean.
smiley - winkeye CoXinelle


Women

Post 46

IanG

Party? Where?


Women

Post 47

Sexual Harassment Panda

This whole conversation is making me a saaaaad panda. smiley - sadface


Women

Post 48

Warfire

A wise man once said: "If at first you don't succeed, do it how the wife said in the first place!"


Women

Post 49

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

follow the thread from my homepage!
we are still there, partying away! smiley - smiley


Women

Post 50

LizardLady

This, of course, accounts for gay people.
What's the percentage, or chances of that happening?
I wonder if there is a correlation between the # of gays in the general population and the probability that a coin will land on its edge?
Harmony, my friends.
LizardLady


Women's brain muscles

Post 51

LizardLady

It's called the corpus calliosum, it's not a Muscle,
and both males and females have it, its just that women's is more functional, and messages can pass more quickly from one side of the brain to the other, thus accounting for women's superior ability to perform several tasks simultaneously, while men can focus on one thing at a time more efficiently. Vie la difference!
LizardLady


Women's brain muscles

Post 52

IanG

Is this speculation, or is there evidence supporting that theory? E.g. men with more highly developed corpus calliosum than average being better at concurrent activities, or indeed women with a less substantial one than normal being better at being focussed?

I find it a little surprising - I'm fairly typical in that concentrating on loads of things at once is not my natural mode of thought, and I enjoy being totally focussed on one thing (but thinking about it in as many different ways at once as I can manage - music is best enjoyed this way IMHO smiley - smiley). It seems to me strange to suggest that a lower level of cross-connection might promote a greater ability to focus the whole brain on a single task - I'd have thought it would work more the other way around. (Certainly when the two halves of the brain get severed, there is evidence that thoughts can progress *entirely* independently in each half of the brain, and what's that if not totally concurrent thought?)


Women's brain muscles

Post 53

plaguesville


Schizophrenia?


Women's brain muscles

Post 54

Salamander the Mugwump

Well spotted that person! I saw a program a couple of years ago where some poor woman (I think surgeons disconnected the 2 halves of her brain because she was having terrible epileptic fits) would get up in the morning, reach for a skirt (for example) with her left hand while her right hand grabbed a dress or pair of trousers. Then she would try to dress simultaneously in the 2 sets of clothes her 2 "selves" had selected. The two halves of her brain started to act indepentently of each other. They had men on the program with the same types of problems.


Women's brain muscles

Post 55

plaguesville


It would be a sight easier for the woman to wear a pair of trousers and a skirt than for the fella to wear two pairs of trousers, unless he were a kilt wearing Scot of course in which case he would be too stingy to have two pairs of trousers. I only have one pair of trousers because I have a well dressed teenage daughter.

(Retires into a cupboard so people can attack him from only one side and considers changing his name.)


Women's brain muscles

Post 56

Anonymouse

I have obviously missed a lot in this conversation, and (sorry) but I have no intentions of trying to 'catch up' ... Look at it this way.. If women understood men and men understood women, we probably wouldn't care enough to get together to explore the mystery, then where would the human species be? Hmm? smiley - winkeye

'Nonnie


Women's brain muscles

Post 57

LizardLady

Not Speculation--from latest brain research. I believe I remember it from an article in Time magazine last year. Sorry I cant be more specific.
LizardLady


Women's brain muscles

Post 58

Aurora

Another way of putting that is that if this was a perfect would we would all be bored.


Women's brain muscles

Post 59

IanG

Are you putting forward schizoprenia as a counter example to the point I was trying to make, or as a description of what I was talking about?

If the former, could you expand a little - I don't understand. (I'd not heard of schizophrenia being attributed to disconnectedness of the two sides of the brain.)

If the latter, then is that right? This is not my understanding of schizoprenia - concurrent thought processes don't constitute a personality disorder as such do they? I had thought it was more characterised by inconsistency of behaviour over time, rather than multiplicity of activities at a particular instant.


Women's brain muscles

Post 60

CoX

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
surely you can acknowledge my opinion:
women can govern chaos better


Key: Complain about this post