Escape Pod Dreams - 30

0 Conversations

The New New blob

To honour and candlebrate a legacy whose man has gone to meet his manufacturer.


For, what better tribute can we pay to a media cash cow who never received his due, but got lots of letters from fans, creditors and distraught mothers whose children had a last request on their cancer ward deathbeds?

For, what better tribute can we pay to a neglected originator of a series of plagiarized versions of his plots, characters and typeface who devoted his life to trying to become at least a thousandaire?

For, what better tribute can we pay to a naive truster of human nature as it should be who could never find an agent or a publisher with the balls to hire a lawyer or three to combat the legions of solicitors, barristers, psychologists, handwriting experts, and local detective agents who were arrayed against him in the systematic theft of his ideas, livelihood and soul?

Let us now bow our heads and thank those who saw fit to steal his work and portray it on the screen so that we could realize the slightest spark of his genius, so that his funeral in this potter's field would not go unattended by his mistress, his two sons by a previously unheard of marriage, and the second string pundits of the yellow media.

Amen.

Now, who wants to do the first spade full?



More examples of creative naivete:

1. 8:57 AM
The Writer's Lot: lightly soiled manuscripts and hand-biroed cocktail napkins, cheap or at least reasonable.

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Faberge Handgrenade: The Band, the concept, the lifestyle, the catering service...

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
Mum was polishing the Pom Pom with some stove blacking when the door bell rang.

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
Mom! It's .303, not 7.7! I'm using the Vickers, not the Madsen!

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

10.07.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1104481

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more