A Conversation for Those Who Can't Edit, Critique

I think you're just a little off

Post 1

SetupWeasel

Giving critism for each submitted page is a pretty good idea, but I think that's not where everyone's focus should be.

I'm still making pages that I submit, but I've stopped thinking of the act of submission as a way to get into the guide (although someday in the distant future that may happen), I think of it as a way of telling everyone that I think I have something to say on this topic.

You are right. the problem with h2g2 (other than its apparant loathing of word wrap) is that there are not enough people working for it, and I don't see anyone trying to make any money with the site to pay for more editors. This, however, is not stifiling. Our thinking just has to change. If getting into the guide is just the icing on the cake, and we find something else to do, the guide really doesn't matter.

I think this involves more people reading pages, but critism for entry into the guide is just a waste of time. I'd rather hear how I could make my page so you would like it better, not how to mold it into the typical guide entry. Actually I'd just like to hear that you thought it worthy enough to read. And that is the point I'm trying to make. If h2g2 becomes a community of communication as opposed to a community bent on getting pages accepted, h2g2 can exist without the guide. That is what we need to work on.


Key: Complain about this post

I think you're just a little off

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more