A Conversation for Those Who Can't Edit, Critique

IT ALL ADDS UP

Post 1

vegiman:-)

Hi Zach, I had come to very similar conclusions. The T-SHIRT COMPETITION I started was quite succesful and gave me an Idea to get the same results you have just outlined.

Just one thing I don't think (I may be wrong) the powers to be want is just critisism. Additional knowledge on the various subjects would also be an advantage for writers. I have been doing this on various researchers pages over the last few weeks and have gained a following that normally ends in chat.

Although I was rather rough on the page on hypnotism; an accepted page that was not factually correct.

But count me in. I will e-mail you sometime in the next week. Thank vegimansmiley - smiley


IT ALL ADDS UP

Post 2

Zach Garland

Thanks Vegiman. That's the kinda stuff I need to hear. I mean from my experience, going around from user page to user page leaving what I know about certain subjects everywhere, from MY perspective, would sound like I was being a show-off and trying to prove I know more than anybody. So I'd generally try not to do that without a bunch of apologies or I'd just expect to get razzed for it.

However, now that you explain to me that what The Powers That Be want is people doing that, maybe I won't be so shy about it.

It's like what they're trying to show by example with the scrambled eggs link right now. http://www.h2g2.com/A105788

This is apparently what DNA is after. Subject listings where people share what they know about such and such until the subject is properly exhausted and (in theory) all sides are explored. The tea forum at http://www.h2g2.com/A61345 is another example.

He's not looking for people who are an authority on such and such. He wants one person who is familiar with TOPIC X to start the ball rolling, and then others interested in that topic will theoretically follow suit. Accumulatively, the end result would (again in theory) be an authoritative look at the topic in question, because several random minds were involved in the process.


IT ALL ADDS UP

Post 3

vegiman:-)

Yes I know, sometimes you have the feeling you are trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs. I have not as yet had any bad responses from my ramblings although I wish I was more polite on the hypnotism page. Catch you later vegimansmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more