A Conversation for Smudger Snippets

I used to tell the soon-to-be ex

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

that there are no happy lives, only happy moments.
And you can either hang on to the afterglow of the past ones and look forward to the next ones,
or you can lament that the last one didn't last very long and they don't come close enought together to suit you.

As usual, any hint of philosophy was enough to send her running to the toob.


I used to tell the soon-to-be ex

Post 2

Smudger879n

Ah! I did not want that to happen TRsmiley - erm I was just thinking how life would be if we had the presence of hind sight, that's all.
I am very happy now with new partner and life that we share, I only wish that we could have it for longer. Still we make the best of every day togethersmiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,


I used to tell the soon-to-be ex

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Ah. Ta!


I used to tell the soon-to-be ex

Post 4

Websailor

Smudger,

I agree that sometimes it would be nice to have hindsight and still be able to change previous events. Two things though - I have had some bad experiences during which I wondered what I had done to deserve them, and would have given anything to change them. But, in hindsight, oddly enough they turned out for the best after all, and made me stronger!

Sometimes we are not the best people to make decisions about our own lives so perhaps it is as well that 'fate' takes a hand now and then.

"What if" and 'too late' are some of the saddest words in the English language and smiley - sorry is the hardest word, but even that would never be enough in some cases.

Maybe there are things that would benefit from correction, but then our lives might have taken a whole different course! We shall never know.

Like you I wish I had longer with my 'Mark II' but better a shorter time than none at all. I have had a lot of coincidences in my life, like you, which makes me wonder if we are being guided, but I am not religious really and delving deeper is a bit scary!

If we are the authors of our own life story, I agree, how come such as you and I have not prospered as we should have done.smiley - rofl Perhaps your compo will make the difference Mark II believes in. If not to your health, to your general situation and comfort. I do hope so.

smiley - cheerssmiley - hugsmiley - goodluck
Websailorsmiley - dragon



I used to tell the soon-to-be ex

Post 5

Smudger879n

Hi WS, Thanks for thatsmiley - ok it is weird how make these big decisions in our lives, and that they can suddenly change it over night.
When you consider that my case has been going on for 7 years now, and that Mk2 was only given 2 years to live over 4 years ago, it seems that there must be a reason for it.

I believe that the reason is that we are both going to get a better life for what ever time Mk2 has left.
We are now going though what has been the worst time ever, due to someone close to us stealing a lot of money from ussmiley - sadface

No doubt the outcome of this is going to change a lot of things, including access to our G/Kids. One thing for sure, we cant wait for the day when we move out of here, and get away from everyone in this rotten areasmiley - erm
smiley - cheersSmudger,


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more