A Conversation for Talking Point: Accidents and Disasters

Accident-Proneness

Post 1

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

I am seriously accident-prone.

OK, I'm in year 8 this year, last year I was diagnosed with asthma, I had an asthma attack at school, got an amublance but like just as they walked in the door I started getting better. Then, (same year) I fell down the stairs onto my spine and had to get another ambulance, this time I did go to the hospital, for 5 hours and still dind't see a doc cause m bakc wasn't that bad (well, it was pretty badly bruised, but I could wait).

Then, this year, the major injuries have been dislocating the 2nd joint on my left ring finger at netball, just before I was due to go to a Scout Youth Forum (I was already late cause I had to play netball) and then I had to go to the hospital to get it x_Rayed and everything, ended up in a sling for a week. Later on, on a scout camp, coming down from micheal's bunk-bed (nothing dirty, I had to get my bunny-ears down from it cause someone else threw them up there) I jumped the last step (just the LAST one, it was seriosuly sad) and my ankle swelled to 4 times it's size and looked like it had a tennis ball growing out the side of it and was rushed to hospital back in melbourne, an hour away!! to get more x-rays and I've just torn 2 ligaments, and so I was on crutches for 4 weeks, and then on one crutch for 2 weeks. And I was till on crutches for the next Scout Youth Forum, which everone seemed to think was fairly sad...

And that's just in 2 years, and it's only the major accidents... I disloacted my thumb at band-camp and have done HEAPS of other stuff. My clarinet teacher usually just asks "So, what have you done this week?" cause I always seem to do something to my wrist of thumb or a finger or my elbow like every week...

So, yeah, I'm seriousl accident-prone....

Cat


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more