A Conversation for What's your favourite episode of Blackadder?

General Hospital

Post 1

quiteconvincing

By series 4 Ben and Richard had really got their writing to the highest standard and in my opinion it is in General hospital that this it most evident. From the game of eye spy at the beggining to the extented 'very special moment' from Darling at the end it is a triumph in its own right.

There is one scene that, again in my opinion, beats the lot with Blackadder metting Darling and Melchet to hear about Operation Winkle (to winkle out the spies). With lines like ''Crevice' is a dirty word, but `security' isn't', 'I certainly am, sir. I didn't realise we had any battle plans' and 'And if you come back with the information, Captain Darling will pump you thoroughly in the debriefing room' its a classic, all leading to Darling being shot in the foot for a 'convincing wound' and Melchet saying

'There, that looks quite convincing'
bure brilliancesmiley - biggrin


General Hospital

Post 2

colemanbrown

General Hopital is the classic Blackadder episode. This coming from someone as British as Queen Victoria (so you're father's German, you're half German and you married a German). When I saw the scene when Melchett shot Darling in the foot to create a convincing war wound I fell off the sofa in laughter and I still laugh thinking about it right now. Complete class act. Nobody better poo-poo the suggestion that this is the best episode. Because I poo-poo the poo-poo.


General Hospital

Post 3

jimbob_ii (hey, who turned off the lights?)

i also believe that general hospital is the most fandabbydozy episode of all time, so i will not poo poo the suggestion of it. i poo poo anyone who dares poo poo me!!

remember that leak is a positively filthy word and melchers' moustache is lovely!!

yours most sinceriously

Jimbob II


General Hospital

Post 4

capt.darling

General Hospital definately one of if not the best episode ever! in fact, i shall now watch it in a minute!!

The fact that my favourite, Darling, appears a fair bit is also a bonus. Especially when he gets shot in the foot and his confrontation with Blackadder.

Darling: This is completely ridiculous, Blackadder! You can't suspect me. I've only just arrived.

Edmund: The first rule of counterespionage, Darling, is to suspect everyone. Believe me, I shall be asking myself pretty searching questions later on. Now, tell me: What is the colour of the Queen of England's favourite hat?

Darling: How the hell should I know?

Edmund: I see. Well, let me ask you another question: What is the name of the German Head of State?

Darling: Well, Kaiser Wilhelm, obviously.

Edmund: (stands) So you're on first-name terms with the Kaiser, are you?

Darling: (shouts) Well, what did you expect me to say?

Edmund: Darling, Darling, shh... (offers) Cigarette?

Darling: (as Edmund puts cigarette in his mouth and begins to light it)Thank you.

(pause)

Edmund: (suddenly knocks the cigarette out of Darling's mouth) All right, you stinking piece of crap!

Darling: I beg your pardon?

Edmund: Shut your cakehole, sonny! I know you! Tell me, von Darling: What was it finally won you over, eh? Was it the pumpernickel, or was it the thought of hanging around with big men in leather shorts?

Darling: I'll have you courtmartialed for this, Blackadder!

Edmund: What, for obeying the general's orders? That may be what you do in Munich -- or should I say Muechen? -- but not here, Wernher! You're a filthy Hun spy, aren't you! (calls) Baldrick, the cocker spaniel, please!

Darling: Agh! No! No, no, wait! No, look, I'm engaged! I was born in Croydon; I was educated in (???) primary school; I've got a girlfriend called Doris; I know the words to all three verses of God Save the King!

Edmund: (enjoying this) Four verses...

Darling: Four verses! Four verses! I meant four verses! Look, I'm as British as Queen Victoria.

Edmund: So your father's German, you're half German, and you married a German?

Darling: (crying) No! No! Look, for God's sake, I'm not a German spy!!!

Edmund: Good. Thanks very much. Send in the next man, would you?

(Mary enters)

Mary: What is all this noise about? Don't you realise this is a hospital?

Darling: (stands, still tied to the chair) You'll regret this, Blackadder. You'd better find the real spy or I'll make it very hard for you.

Edmund: (protesting) Please, Darling -- there are ladies present.


Absolutely hilarious. Nothing can beat that. i could watch it time and time again and never tire. darling is the best!!!smiley - cool


General Hospital

Post 5

archeroneill

Best episode of 'Goes Forth' for two, very simple, reasons:

1) Baldrick: "we go round asking everyone 'are you a german spy?'"
2) Nurse Mary: "If I can't offer my brave boys a smile, what can I offer them?"
Blackadder: "well, one or two things suggest themselves..."

oh, the writing rocks too!


General Hospital

Post 6

jimbob_ii (hey, who turned off the lights?)

Ingenious. Truly ingenious.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more