A Conversation for

urgent! help richenda please!

Post 1

zendevil


richenda is pretty deperate, please go & see the link abbi sent in "group support needed", sorry, cant do one here, cant use my left arm at the moment

zdt


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 2

Ellen

Hi Terri, how about posting on Askh2g2, try and get more Chicago area researchers in on this?

JEllen


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 3

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Um, are you sure the need for help is still up to date? When I talked to Richenda the other day, I was under the impression that matters had taken a significant swing for the better -- still difficult, but much, much better than they had been.

Personally, even if help is still needed, I wouldn't think going to askh2g2 would be a good idea. That can be a little *too* public, and h2g2 has a large chunk of people who either a) are well meaning, but would say the absolutely wrong thing, or b) who simply aren't well meaning, and get jollies from causing pain. And since at least a few of the people in the latter category are less than fond of her husband, I would feel pretty uncomfortable with being that public without her permission.

Just my smiley - 2cents


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 4

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

It seems she posted earlier today feeling overwhelmed.

I have posted to her but I don't really know her that well, so just tried to offer some practical advise and a listening ear.

I agree with Mikey - I find ask h2g2 too much of a public forum. i could discuss alot of things here - because the only people likely to visit this page are those interested in joining or helping. Ask h2g2 gets all sorts roaming through.
The only benefit - which I think is what was meant - was maybe to look for a flatmate.

I am so proud of the way people pull together on here.


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 5

zendevil


I spoke to her on MSN & as mikey said, she seemed more hopeful & said she would post to this effect when she got time. But maybe the possible roommates letting her down was enough to send her back down i think we all know how easy it is when you are borderline clinging on for the "final straw" syndrome;when i got email from abbi i just did what i could

Agree with not ask h2g2, "survivors" understand that one of the "symptoms" may be panic,"normal" people may not, but personally i reckon posting here & asking for help is a good sign, if we do this, we havent given up all hope.

yes, we DO all try & pull together, only those who have been there/are still there/know they will be there can really understand.

Wish to god there was something practical i could do though, but am in a pretty similar situation myself

But knowing that we are all "rooting" for them cant do any harm & might just provide the strength for them to carry on & not give up...yet.

smiley - love & thanks for responding so quickly!

zdt


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 6

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Yeah, I saw the post from today -- and while it's an overwhelmed kind of feeling post (and essentially says the same things I heard last time I spoke to her), it's so much *less* desperate than she was a week ago (which was when abbi originally posted the request for support) that I'm feeling far, far less frightened.

If Richenda is really interested in using hootoo to look for a flatmate, I would think that the regional users group for that area would be potentially a better resource than askh2g2 -- but, again, I think that should be her call, not ours.

smiley - mouse


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 7

zendevil


smiley - ok

How are you anyway?

zdt


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 8

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Me?

I'm a little manic, and am doing some mad house cleaning, but I can't seem to focus enough to really finish any one task.

I think the new blood pressure med they put me on is screwing with me some, because the only other time I've felt like this is when I was on lots of prednisone.

Still, though, it has its upsides -- haven't done this much housework in ages, and since it looks like I will need to move in the next month, it will be put to good use.

smiley - cheers


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 9

Richenda

2/17
yes help is still needed
sigh
smiley - peacedove


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 10

Ellen

Erm, guess suggesting "Ask" was not such a good idea. Sorry. Wish I *did* have some more ideas.

smiley - towel JEllen


urgent! help richenda please!

Post 11

Willem

*Sigh* ... I, too, am not in a position to offer any concrete help ... I wish we could find a really rich and benevolent benefactor!

I wish it were easy to get people over here to South Africa because here I think there are much cheaper living options ...


Key: Complain about this post