A Conversation for

Ask h2g2 thread on PTS

Post 1

Researcher U197087

F19585?thread=296787

I'm too strung out to respect my opinions but I thought I ought to bring this to the attention of the group, for anyone who's interested.

Take care,
smiley - donut


Ask h2g2 thread on PTS

Post 2

Kaz

Done!


Ask h2g2 thread on PTS

Post 3

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

i had a quick skim through the thread until i felt i was going to explode. then i remembered why i am taking a couple of weeks away from h2g2. To reduce my anxiety.

The world is full of ignorant people. I mean ignorant in both senses - stupid and/or uninformed.


Ask h2g2 thread on PTS

Post 4

Richenda

That thread is one of the real reasons not to go public.

I posted a link to the National Center for PTSD along with some quotes from the site. How can people debate an issue they are ignorant on???

smiley - sigh


Ask h2g2 thread on PTS

Post 5

Kaz

I'm ignorant on it too, I think all people who havn't experienced it are. Some peole here have said that I have it too, maybe I do, maybe I don't?! See, puzzled already!


Ask h2g2 thread on PTS

Post 6

Richenda

Kaz,

Check out the site

http://www.ncptsd.org/

As I said on the other thread, Britain lags behind the US in mental health issues. The original diagnosis of PTS only referred to life-threatening issues. Many therapists still use that definition. You've read in some of my other threads about therapist I have run into.

Before last year, I had never heard of PTS (shell-shock, yes). It took a 'minor' incident to get me into counseling and a re-occurrence to push me ahead.

"I'm ignorant on it too, I think all people who havn't experienced it are. " You certainly have experience some of the 'conditions' for it.

Could you have PTS? Do you need an 'official' diagnosis? Only if you want a 'label'.

I'll be interested in your comments on the PTS site.

Personally, if I need a 'label', I'll take Survivor.smiley - ok

smiley - biggrin


Ask h2g2 thread on PTS

Post 7

Kaz

I agree with survivor as a label of worth!

I will check out the site Richenda, thank you for the info.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more