A Conversation for Relaxation Techniques

baths don't work

Post 1

J

I took a bath angry, just as an experiment, but when I got out, I was just naked, wet and smiley - brr. How can sitting in a pile of your own filth calm you down? Frankly I got bored, I'm glad I have a TV in the bathroom...

smiley - blacksheep


baths don't work

Post 2

Adrian 222589

I think in my past experiences of jumping in the bath angry, to calm the nerves,had never worked for me.
It had alot to do with getting in touch with how I felt and where I was feeling it, That is: I might talk to myself as a seperate entity and answer in a civilised way, why are you angry? Because I know I can be my worst enemy, when it comes to self criticism and then I sure Im not getting the best benefit for myself, by admitting
With that in mind, as clear and satisfactory, Then I can feel the benefits of myself feeling a sense of numbness or a freedom of choice. By removing the clutter of other thoughts. I can concentrate on nicer things easier.


baths don't work

Post 3

J

... that's what I meant...

smiley - blacksheep


baths don't work

Post 4

Jovive

Baths always work for me but, I'm rarely angry. At the very least, unless you have a very nosy spouse, it does get you away from all people for a while. You can brood, be angry and get it out of your system. I tend to use baths as my time away from everything else going on in the world. I pour my aromatherapy bath foam, and sink in with a good book and a plate of something sweet and fattening. This is most likely a girl thing.

Also, hot baths will make you drowsy (I'm sure there's a very sciency reason for this but I don't have it handy)and sometimes a good night's sleep can calm the nerves.

But if it doesn't work for you, no worries, take a shower, take a walk, count to ten whatever works. Differnet strokes.


baths do work

Post 5

broelan

don't know that it's very "sciency" but hot baths make me drowsy because i rarely get in one without a glass of wine or bailey's nearby. i also rarely take a bath without a book. burning candles is also very nice, altho not very conducive to reading the book.

careful not to fall asleep while *in* the bath tho, especially not with the candles burning.

i don't think i would suggest a bath as a remedy for anger, just for relieving general everyday stress like sitting in traffic on the way home, having a bill leftover when the checkbook's empty, getting dumped by (or dumping) your not-so-significant-anymore other... that sort of thing.

best thing i've found for anger (so far) is a nap, or a long solo drive in the country.


baths do work

Post 6

J

Naps work for me.

smiley - blacksheep


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more