A Conversation for Everton Football Club

you'll never really be good though

Post 1

Tom

oh oh look at us, we've got rooney. Pathetic.


you'll never really be good though

Post 2

egon

Have you actually read the article, or did you just start this conversation to insult Evertonians?

Rooney gets one mention in the article (one, count it) in one section about the club's future.

Everton have a 125 year history, and have plyed 100 years in the top division of english football. Dixie Dean once scored 60 goals in a season, the club have won the league nine times, the FA Cup five times and as recently as the 1980s were one of the top four clubs in the country.

To dismiss the club as a side who'll "never really be good" and describe it's supporters as "pathetic" because there is a brief mention of a highl;y talented young striker currently at the lub, seems rather bizarre.

Just out of interest, which football club do you support?


you'll never really be good though

Post 3

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

Everton have announced a press conference to be held at 18.30 GMT on 17th January 2003. To announce a "decision of major importance". Watch this spacesmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin


you'll never really be good though

Post 4

egon

rooney and hibbert signed contracts


you'll never really be good though

Post 5

Mu Beta

I think the fact that 'Tom' has written an 'Entry' about Ferguson's scum tells you everything you need to know. smiley - smiley

B


you'll never really be good though

Post 6

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Oh, you mean he's a Man Ure fan? I'd never, ever, have guessed ....


you'll never really be good though

Post 7

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

What's the biggest game in Plymouth?
Liverpool v Man Utd.


you'll never really be good though

Post 8

Tom

ha ha witty. Why does the Mersey run through Liverpool?

Because if it walked it would get mugged.

Thats a real joke.


you'll never really be good though

Post 9

egon

Tom, I notice you haven't answered my question at the top of post 2.


you'll never really be good though

Post 10

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

I think I should point out - thats should be spelt that's, it is also proper to begin a sentence with a a capital letter. Otherwise, a credible attempt at the English language.


you'll never really be good though

Post 11

Tom

You are quite a joker my friend, though pedantic.
No, I didn't read the whole article. Why I hear you say? Because it is boring. Simple as that. I have better things to do (well, I'd like to think that)than to read about a football team who nickname themselves after a sweet.
Don't get me wrong, I have no hatred against Everton, we all hate the vermin, I'm simply giving you someting/someone to moan about. I understand scousers enjoy that.


you'll never really be good though

Post 12

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

We are not, as you seem to think, a bunch of moaners. That is one of those southern illusions. 'Moaning Northerners and those Scousers are the worst'. We have our problems like everyone else and try our best to overcome them. As a side point, if you've read Alex Ferfuson's autobiography you'll know that relations between Everton and Manchester United are very friendly, both the staff and fans actually get along quite well. So the views of one southern red doesnt really alter my opinions of Man Utd.


you'll never really be good though

Post 13

Tom

yeah alrite mate, it's just banter. I don't literally hate anyone, thats obvious. I have no problems with Everton, just felt like being contraversial. Just as long as they don't get better.


you'll never really be good though

Post 14

egon

So would you care to explain your initial posting? On what evidence were you basing your comment, and what was it intended to imply. you say yo didn't read the article because it was "boring"- if you didn't read it, how do you know?

The other conversation on this entry was a liverpool fan who, despite that, still found something intellegent to say. From you, we got a semi-literate comment which appeared to sum up the entire history of a historic and successful football club as "you'll never be good" and "ooh, ooh, we've got rooney, pathetic." Perhaps if your knowledge of the game went beyond the last ten years you might have found something intellegent, or even intelligible, to say on the subject.


you'll never really be good though

Post 15

egon

I started writing that before tom's last posting...


you'll never really be good though

Post 16

Mu Beta

Well, this is getting nasty, isn't it?

A few old standard football jokes to cheer everyone up...

smiley - popcorn

Last weekend someone broke into Sunderland FC, and stole the contents of the trophy cabinet. Police are looking for a man with a read and white carpet.

smiley - popcorn

Q: What are the only three football teams with a rude word in their names?

A: Arsenal, Scunthorpe United and Manchester f**king United

smiley - popcorn

Did you hear that Joe Royle has announced plans to double Ipswich's seating capacity?

He's bought a sofa.

B


you'll never really be good though

Post 17

Mu Beta

It'd be funnier if I could spell 'red' smiley - biggrin

B


you'll never really be good though

Post 18

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

I heard a good one the other day. Uri Geller is going to be chairman of Exeter City and Michael Jackson and Darth Vader are joining the boardsmiley - magic


you'll never really be good though

Post 19

Mu Beta

Oh no, I'm afraid that's actually true.smiley - biggrin

B


you'll never really be good though

Post 20

Researcher 216477

I am inclined to agree with Tom on this issue. The sudden good form shown by Everton is not symptomatic of a better football club but more of a blip on an otherwise poor history. I'm afraid to pin your hopes on a few games is both nieve and clearly flawed. I would suggest looking accross the road at Liverpool and look at how they manage to increase their fortunes (its called spending money).

In my opinion Everton have to turn those stolen hub caps into money and buy a better squad.


Key: Complain about this post