The h2g2 Post 19.01.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 19th January 2015

All the Ships at Sea

The fabled Isle of Wight. Why are we showing you this map of the Solent? Well, for one thing, it features the fabled Isle of Wight, the Edited Guide's favourite geographical location. For another, it will help you with orientation when you read Bluebottle's stop-press, breaking story about the 'gurt-big ship'. It's a tale of incredible bravery and tragic property loss, and you won't want to miss it. Our intrepid Researcher has spared no pains to give us the skinny on local doings, and to expose the awful truth.

Don't say we never pay attention to current events. If, like Bluebottle, we practically run into them on the commuter boat, we wake up and smell the coffee, we do. (There's even something about cricket in there.)

What else have we got for you? Cactuscafe's art, inspiring as always, the first in a series. Willem's wildlife art, breathtaking, natch. Willem's expertise on plants, ditto, ditto…Willem helping Minorvogonpoet with a little property-finding issue by playing inventor…what?...

Is there no end to the talent around here? The mind boggles. Your Editor is in awe.

Magwitch has fun games for us, Awix has spine-tingling cinema, and the archives have weirdness to tell about. There are chuckles, and a head-scratching quiz for you that will test your knowledge of both Bible and film history. Who could resist?

In short, we've got another winning issue here, and you'd better appreciate. Read, comment, get educated.

Have a great week, and don't forget to write!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

BUILT FOR COMFORT
  • Brown pelican by Willem.
  • Cushion Euphorbia.


EPIC SCOPE

SHEER INVENTION

  • The first US 'selfie'.
  • High wire fireworks, don't try this at home.

THE SHIPPING NEWS
  • Hoegh Osaka.
  • Bird kite in flight.

INGENUITY
  • Roboschlepp 3000.
  • An ancient Egyptian prophecy about a movie.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87844440

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more