A Conversation for He-Man and The Masters of the Universe

Who was that floating elf ?

Post 1

Foxbat

Remember rushing through breakfast on sunday mornings (kid growing up in India) so that I could watch He-Man from the opening introductions to the moral at the end of the story. What was the name of the floating elf again ? Quite embarrassing to see that I can actually forget things that used tobe so important to me as a urchin !!!


ORCO!!!

Post 2

LectureDitch

His name was Orco! His major contribution to He-Man's efforts was to screw things up with spells that never worked, but I must say he was always my favorite character anyway. I think the thing that intrigued me most was the fact that we were never allowed to see Orco's face; it was always obscured by his hat and scarf. I watched every day in the hopes that maybe THIS would be the episode where he finally took off that hat and we got to see what he looked like....


ORCO!!!

Post 3

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

Orco was a sort of court magician/court jester figure...I think his bizarre nature was explained away by saying that he was from another reality and had got stuck on Eternia somehow. Oroc eventually got an action figure that buzzed about on a flat surface when you pulled out a rip-cord and had a few small magic tricks packaged with it.


ORCO!!!

Post 4

Foxbat

Thanks guys ! I seem to remember that "Showing faces" in Orco's "World" meant getting engaged ... and the elf actually had a girlfriend who he saves from some sort of Swamp Thing ... they get "engaged" , but we were shown only the shadow of his head ... judging by the silhouette, remember thinking Orco probably looked something like Yoda....


ORCO!!!

Post 5

Allmighty Phil, Ruler of the many many moose of alpha centari

im just a kid ... well im 15 ... so i missed the original he man , i dont realy like the new one to much , but i rember sitting up watching vidioes of the originals sereies with my dad ... *gets lost in reminisingmentness* i have auired over the years the actual he man orco and skeletor figures ( iwas once totaly obssesed with orco, he was one of the few charecters i could draw so i snaped him up when i saw him) the show was interesting to say the elast and i ahve many fond memories of it, thanks for the wonderfull entry

-small fury creature from alpha centuri


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more