A Conversation for Challenge Extra (July-Sept 2012)

Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 1

h2g2 Guide Editors

This is the thread to indicate that you're taking on an Entry from the Flea Market. Normal procedures as to Flea Market rescues apply, but as the Guide Editors are not subscribed to every thread in the FM, it would be helpful for you to identify which Entry you're taking in this thread as well, please.

As usual, give details of A number and title of Entry, plus your own user number.


Many thanks

Lanzababy

Create and Guide Editor


Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 2

Create: endeavours in reading, writing, rhythm, blues, art, photography, and biscuits.

Welcome, and good luck to all participants



Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Bluebottle is off to a cracking start, with his rescue of the Entry 'Walls' A87764926 now in Peer Review.

Well done BB, and thanks for taking part.

Remember to support other participants in PR smiley - biggrin by commenting and helping them to improve their Entries.


Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 4

Bluebottle

I am also planning to rescue A87765646 'The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 1990s' based on A776568 'The Sonic The hedgehog series,spin offs and secrets' but some work is needed before it goes into Peer Review.

Can I ask, when a Flea Market entry is recommended and/or edited, do all the names listed on the article get an e-mail about it, or just the rescuing researcher?

<BB<


Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Often the original author has not posted on the site for many years. Where there are current authors, they will be aware of the rescue in progress, as they should notice the rescuer's post to the FM thread - saying that the Entry is being rescued and by whom.

One thing that happens though, is that the original authors should see the newly rescued, Approved Entry, appear on their PS as an Edited Entry.

As you are perhaps aware, I'm sending out each congratulatory email individually - nothing is automated in the way that it was for the BBC. Nor would I have access to email addresses of people who have not transferred to the new h2g2.

Can participants remember to reply to the FM thread once their rescue has been made Edited? This I think was, and should be, the protocol.


Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 6

Bluebottle

The Sonic the Hedgehog one for the 1990s is now in Peer Review - conversation here: F48874?thread=8295155

<BB<


Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 7

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I'll try to help with the Entry about walls as good as I can.


Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 8

Bluebottle

And your help so far has been greatly appreciatedsmiley - ok

<BB<


Flea Market Rescue -sign up- Create Challenge Extra

Post 9

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Apologies - forgot to sign up here as well - good to see heavy movement in the FM

I have three entries that i entered for the sports side of the Challenge (A lack of foreplanning saw me then tricked into running it smiley - winkeye )

But they are all either FM entries or sort of FM entries -

- Volleyball - A87762874 - A503317

This entry is an actual FM entry

Volleyball Definitions - A87763594 - A505883
Volleyball Tactics - A87763576 - A510481

These two entries were mentioned in the original FM entry, I was curious so went hunting on the original author's PS - they had both been partially written. With permission from a few volunteers it was agreed that i could take them from the PS and write them into full entries since they are needed to get the full work out of the original entry

Your choice whether these two count

Any case, hope you enjoy the specific entry and enjoy reading all of them when finished - look in PR!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more