A Conversation for Cottage Pie

Cottage Pie - A Problem

Post 21

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Then when you make it, put loads of onion and real garlic in it- then you can post a conversation to the entry explaining the changes, and how good it tastes smiley - winkeye

smiley - ale


Cottage Pie - A Problem

Post 22

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I think it needs more onion in it.


Cottage Pie - A Problem

Post 23

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

Son, your protestations are wasted on these mere lightweights. They make their pies onion-free and with artificial garlic subsitute made out of plastic for fear of upsetting the UKIP.

Honestly though, who ever heard of a shepherds pies with half an onion in it? HALF A F*CKING ONION!?!?!??!?! NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!

I'd suggeast expanding the beast. Stir-fry some red cabbage with red-wine vinegar, shredded apple and demerara sugar until nice and soft and adding a layer of that underneath the sweet sweet potato. The potato itself requires shredded spring onion too. And for those of us who aren't weaklings some additional finely chopped red onion for decorative purposes.

ONION!


Cottage Pie - A Problem

Post 24

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Or you could put some really finely chopped red onion on top with the cheese, would sort of 'cameralise' wonderously smiley - drool I'm going to make a shepards pie next time I do a shop; having just had a new, working* oven fitted smiley - biggrin Think it needs more onions through, I'd use at least one big 'cooking' onion (think they are white onions?), and if I had it, a couple of small, or a small and medium red onion smiley - drool Like the idea of spring onion in the potato though, not occured to me smiley - doh 'Garlic substitute?' smiley - erm whats rong with garlic, and lots of it?


Cottage Pie - A Problem

Post 25

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

Melted cheese? MELTED CHEESE?!?!?!?

What the f*uking hell? Don't dick about with melted f*cking cheese! That would make it more akin to a paté chinois than a f*cking shep pie.

Gadzooks.

Spring onion though, makes it special! Just ask Delia.


Cottage Pie - A Problem

Post 26

Yes,I am the Lady Lowena!Get with the programme...

Jeez you men!!! Haven't you got any animals to spear?!!!!!Leave the cooking to us gals.?!?Cooking doncha just hate it?!!! Who wants to sweat in the kitchen all night???!!!I mean there are other rooms in the house fellas??!! Sex !!?? Dontcha just hate it??!!Gettin all sweaty over nothing??!!


Cottage Pie - A Problem

Post 27

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

You're just jealous 'cos you ain't no good at it.


Key: Complain about this post