A Conversation for Recipes for Winter and Spring Vegetables

Really Easy tasty stuff

Post 1

March Hare

Okay, one of my personal favorites of things to do with veggies is tasty, easy, and near impossible to screw up.

This works with almost any veggie, from potatoes to asparagus to broccoli to scallions, any type of squash, etc,; it is very good for bringing out the flavor in every vegetable, doesn't taste bitter, preserves all the vitamins and whatnot, and is very good for you.

You need:
The veggies
A stove
A pan in which to put the veggies
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

You wash the veggies and and put them in the pan or on the cookie sheet or whatever you're using, and you drizzle olive oil over them. Fairly lightly, but if you want an almost-friend taste you can put more on. Then you put salt & pepper on them, maybe even garlic salt or whatever your little heart desires, and you pop it in the oven.

Most things will need to cook for aorund 45 minutes, and stirring or moxing them around every 15 mins. or so works well, but generally you cook at 350 degrees fahrenheit and just keep checking to make sure the food hasn't burst into flames.

It's surprisingly simple, and it's excellent, excellent food. It impresses everyone I've made it for, which is almost silly, because it's even more basic than boiling or steaming in my opinion.

Tastes really good with chicken, too, and is a good dish for either winter or spring since it just brings out the flavor of what you're cooking. But it can be light enough for a spring/early summer meal or it can accompany something dense and heavy for winter.

smiley - bunny


Really Easy tasty stuff

Post 2

March Hare

Er, above, in the recipe, just under the ingredients, that's supposed to read "almost-fried"......

Typing on a strange angle isn't good for avoiding typos. And I never remember to proofread.

smiley - bunny


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more