A Conversation for 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen

Darcy

Post 1

NPY

Didn't Colin Firth do a great job playing him? I can't believe they're trying to top it all with this new film. It just won't be the same!! smiley - wah


Darcy

Post 2

Scruff79

Haven't seen the new one, don't want to smiley - winkeye


Darcy

Post 3

NPY

I know. I'm not sure if I was to see it either. I've heard loads of people say that the new film's nowhere near as good. And how could it? Colin Firth's not in it and I heard that there's no White Shirt Scene.


Darcy

Post 4

cappion-jays

In my opinion, Matthew MacFadyen is quite well as Darcy. Almost perfect actually...and also I've never liked Collin F.


Darcy

Post 5

NPY

smiley - huh

You don't like Colin?!?!?!?!? Why not?


Darcy

Post 6

cappion-jays

Dont know exactly why, but something about his eyes or mouth, i guess. Or maybe its because i dont like the book as much as the new movie. and colin was everything i didnt like on Darcy?

-mm not a complete explanation, but thats all i can say-


Darcy

Post 7

NPY

You din't like his eyes!?!?!!??! Have you even *seen* the BBC version?


Darcy

Post 8

cappion-jays

havent watch whole, but yes i have seen him playin darcy. its not a thing that i can explain, most of my friends love him too...i, mm just dont.


Darcy

Post 9

NPY

This can't be good......


Darcy

Post 10

ingeniousHeather

I've seen the new one and it's no where near the original. Keria cannot pull off Lizzy, she doesn't have that spark. Neither does the relationship between the characters. Your supposed to feel the electricity. all you can feel in the new one i sick. you feel like throwing up. there's no spark in any part of the movie.


Darcy

Post 11

NPY

Exactly. They talk too fast, Keira doesn't work in the role, Mr. Bennet's just creepy....and the only Darcy is Colin Firth!!!!


Darcy

Post 12

Scruff79

I finally got around to watching the 2005 version ... what a load of tripe! Rubbish ... no good at all smiley - cross


Darcy

Post 13

NPY

Glad you think so too. I've always said my friend is crazy for prefering it to the BBC one. WHY!?!?!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more