A Conversation for TIE Fighter - a Spacecraft from the 'Star Wars' Films

Goodies or baddies?

Post 1

Mina

Sorry, I'm not sure which side these ships were on. smiley - erm


Goodies or baddies?

Post 2

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

"...was the main fighter ship of the Imperial Navy. These small ships were used constantly to attack the rebel forces."
Baddies Mina, most definately baddies smiley - winkeye

The Rebels flew X and Y wings.

smiley - ale


Goodies or baddies?

Post 3

Mina

I can't understand why when I read things, half of it goes straight out of my ears. smiley - blush I do apologise, I totally missed that bit. Thanks KerrAvon!


Goodies or baddies?

Post 4

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Not a problem- put it down to morning fugue....
smiley - ale


Goodies or baddies?

Post 5

Sea Change

The way in which the article is written, it implies that an x-wing is potentially also an Imperial model. If you hadn't seen any Star Wars films in the last decade and a half (me!) it'd be an easy mistake to make.


Goodies or baddies?

Post 6

Mina

I wouldn't mind, but I watched The Empire strikes back at the weekend. Still, I was more interested in Harrison Ford. smiley - loveblush


Goodies or baddies?

Post 7

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Fine taste in movies, fine taste in heroes. Always new you were a good judge smiley - smiley


Goodies or baddies?

Post 8

Mina

smiley - smooch


Goodies or baddies?

Post 9

GE_Muscat

The X-wing was originally to be an Imperial fighter, but the traitors at Incom sold the designs to the Rebellion.

And the idea that the Empire are the "baddies"? Bear in mind that the films are told from a Rebel perspective. Propaganda should not be treated as fact!


Goodies or baddies?

Post 10

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Given that the Emperor (and his forces) subjugated non-human races as a matter of principle, dissolved a democratic body that had governed the republic for thousands of years to lead as a tyrant, and destroyed a peaceful, unarmed planet as a show of force, I think it's reasonable to say that the Imperials were the baddies, don't you?


Goodies or baddies?

Post 11

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Oh, and I forgot his purge of the Jedi, guardians of the peace for the duration of the old Republic. They used their power to mediate disputes, force was always their last option and it was rare that they would be pushed into using it - not many people were stupid enough to think they could win. They certainly weren't soldiers, only becoming involved when they were the last line of defence for a peaceful galaxy.


Key: Complain about this post