The h2g2 Post 23.05.11

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 23rd May 2011


 

 

Positive Thinking

If you couldn't attend the h2g2 Meet on 13/14 May, I'm sorry for you. It was fabulous and we all were in good spirit despite not knowing what will become of h2g2. We decided that we'll have other meets regardless.

My husband and I have been working hard for the past few weeks (with some help of our sons), getting the move of my mother in law done. I've tried to be cheerful throughout, and I'm sure it helped. The man selling the tickets at Highgate Cemetery was very cheerful. He obviously liked what he was doing, and I'm sure most people will react in a positive way, thus giving something back and making his working day positive. I know there are situations when you just can't be cheerful, but it helps enormously if you try to have a positive outlook. My friend Prof Animal Chaos is a perfect example of this, and my own experiences confirm this.

And so I'm trying to be positive about the cock-up I did with this week's Gheorgheniplex (well, maybe it wasn't my fault, maybe this week's Gheorgheniplex has been abducted by aliens and will be back as soon as the h2g2 Editors have debriefed it).

I'm sure this won't happen again next week, as I'll be away again and our trusted and beloved Dmitri will step in and shape the Post in his inimitable way.

For now, let this issue cheer you up with meet reports, gems from authors who are well known in the AWW, and our regular contributors Awix, Dmitri and Willem. And don't forget to celebrate Towel Day this week!


Bel


 

 
OUT ON THE TOWN

 

 

 

 
THERE'S A WIDE OPEN ROAD...
OUT ON A LIMB

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A84212246

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more