A Conversation for Arkansas, USA

opportunities

Post 1

gr8unknown

Being from Little Rock, I can tell you that Arkansas is indeed a beautiful place to visit, aspecially if you want to get away from an overabundance of people. However, if you are wanting to live here, be warned that Arkansans are on average the third lowest paid in the USA only undercut by Mississippi and I believe West Virginia. In response to comments about the high teen pregnancy rate and the high meth lab rate all I can say is that in a state without many opportunities for relief of boredom, many youth have turned to 2 of the great 3 oldest sources of entertainment, sex and drugs. Rock and Roll can easily be regulated unlike these first two, and as before stated, since most of the state is located largely in the bible belt region of the USA, it is overregulated.


opportunities

Post 2

lister_dont_panic

I live in Pocahontas, and I know for a fact that Arkansas is a pretty nice place to live, despite the jokes and everything else we hear about it.smiley - aliensmile


opportunities

Post 3

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I'd like to live there. The pay issue is a problem for me.

I love to go back and visit my mom and her husband in Harrison.

smiley - handcuffs


opportunities

Post 4

James "Geekahilbility" Arkansawyer

And I am from Mount Ida, locally known as the 'Quartz Crystal Capitol of the World'... but now live in Pennsylvania, of all places. Although Arkansas indeed has a low income level when compared to other states, it is offset by other things.... For example, in Arkansas, our old family homestead is taxed at around $175 per year for 56 acres and homes. In PA, I own a newer home on one acre of land, and the local property taxes amount to almost $2500 per year, and is going up this year by another 19%... Also, in addition to state income taxes, we pay local income taxes, occupancy taxes, and employment taxes - none of which exist in Arkansas. Would I return there? Yes, I will return there....... when the right opportunity comes along... For now, I am in Pennsylvania because although the cost of living in AR is much lower - there are still bills to pay.


opportunities

Post 5

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I look at it this way. From here in Georgia, when I retire, I could easily afford to retire to Arkansas. If I have a career in Arkansas, I'm stuck. The low retirement pay would keep me there.

smiley - handcuffs


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more