A Conversation for Dilbert - The Comic Strip

Scott Adams

Post 1

Demon Drawer

Doesn't even get a name check in this entry.

Disgusted of Whitburn

smiley - winkeye


Scott Adams

Post 2

Hoovooloo

smiley - laugh

Dear Not-paying-attention-of-Whitburn:

Are we talking about the same entry? The one which says this:

"Then, one day, someone thought 'Hey, that's a pretty neat idea!' and suggested that Scott Adams (the author of the Dilbert strips) should try marketing them. And so, our protagonist thought 'Why not?'. And so he did"

Paragraph four.

H.
smiley - winkeye


Scott Adams

Post 3

Hoovooloo

... and paragraph six:

"And so, this in mind, Scott Adams - a complete unknown with no previous experience in writing comics - sent his strips along..."

Seriously, have you *read* this entry? smiley - huh

H.
smiley - winkeye


Scott Adams

Post 4

Demon Drawer

Yeah I noticed that after I posted the response. I guess hiding the author notes away in the body of the text like that is just not the way Iwould have written it. I would have had a subheader called Scott Adams- The Inspiration and Creator or something.


Scott Adams

Post 5

Hoovooloo

This is going to sound like a really weak excuse, but here goes: I didn't write it! Jordan had started an entry and abandoned it. I took his words and added the character profiles and slung it in PR. I would probably have written it differently if it had been me, too, but I really wanted to leave as much of Jordan's original work intact as possible, especially as it was his first and to date only Edited Guide entry.

Thanks for reading! smiley - cheers

H.


Scott Adams

Post 6

Demon Drawer

I was just checking had an idea for a entry having read this as I'm currently working my way through a Dilbert compilation. However Scott is not suffieciently covered IMHO so I may cover him in an entry of his own. smiley - winkeye


Scott Adams

Post 7

Hoovooloo

Looking forward to it.

(do you EVER stop writing entries? smiley - winkeye)

H.


Scott Adams

Post 8

Demon Drawer

I did for a while when I started going out with FC. I was at the time the most prolific author. Now I'm playing catch up but I was as low as 5th a year ago. I've written more in the last year than all but about 8 researchers have written in their entire existance on h2g2.


Scott Adams

Post 9

Jordan

Isn't it 'existence'? smiley - tongueout

Sorry - I don't seem to get any of the conversations that appear on this article. Now... I recall, when writing about it, considering the inclusion of a section about the author. However, when I thought about it, I decided there was little point, since this was primarily about the comic and not its writer. So I didn't! Sorry if you feel I've neglected him.

Hoovooloo actually did write the majority of the article, but virtuously decided to retain as much of my work as possible - perhaps so that I could legitimately be credited as a coauthor!

My entry writing pattern is the same - I start on an entry, get bored and stop. I just don't seem to have the determination to carry things through to the end any more! smiley - winkeye

It would be wonderful if you could write a separate entry about Scott, I'm sure that a link could be added to it from this one. Thanks for the feedback! smiley - smiley

- Jordan


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more