A Conversation for Great Zoos and Wildlife Parks

Out of Africa Park Arizona

Post 1

azxylo

* Out of Africa Park in Camp Verde, Arizona
There is a Slice of Serengeti in Central Arizona in the form of a 104-acre park located near the towns of Camp Verde and Sedona in the Verde Valley. The climate is similar to that of the Kenya in Africa.

Admission includes a 45-minute tour of a 60-acre enclosure that houses Giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, sable antelope and orex. Guests remark that they are able to get closer to the animals than in other parks. Treats to feed the animals are provided. You may be able to get a Giraffe kiss.

Many of the animals are rescues, including a white rhino named Boom-Boom.
He lived at the Catskill Game Farm in New York State. When the farm went out of business, a Texas trophy hunter bought him for use in a “canned hunt.” Mark Ecko, of *ecko unltd, and other animal activists, purchased Boom-Boom for twice the winning bid, and sent Boom-Boom to Out of Africa Park on permanent loan. (DNA would be proud.)

Did you realize that tigers enjoy being in water? Midday, the park performs a show called “Tiger Splash”. The tigers play with the curators, who are referred to as “prey”. The staff uses toys and movement to trigger the tiger’s natural instincts, prompting them to pounce into a large pool. The Tigers and other animals treat the curators like friends. (It is not polite to eat your friends)

Cost of admission is $35 but discount coupons are available online or through local hotels.


Out of Africa Park Arizona

Post 2

azxylo

Our friend Boom-Boom passed way. Out of Africa Park had a sculpture made of Boom-Boom which is on display. They now have a new white rhino who is named Jericho.
They also rent safety gear for those guests who are so amazed at the park that they fly, like Arthur Dent and Fenchurch, over the animal's enclosures. (They have a 5 point zip-line)


Key: Complain about this post

Out of Africa Park Arizona

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more