A Conversation for 'Porridge' - the TV Series

Excellent dialogue

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

In last night's "Sex on Television" documentary, they used a clip from Porrige to show how the British public thought of "Pan's People", a semi-erotic dance group of the time...

Fletcher:
"... Pan's People. There's one special one. Beautiful Babs... I can't remember her name."


Excellent dialogue

Post 2

Kaz

*giggles*.
There was always something about the way Ronnie Barker said those lines too, the expression made it funnier.

I liked the episode about the pinapple chunks.


Excellent dialogue

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster



"Down where the knees are knocking, down where the toes are tapping, down where the Jocks are strappin-"

"FLETCHER!!!!"

"Oh, sorry Mr Mackay, didn't see ya there."

Priceless.

Jims


Excellent dialogue

Post 4

Kaz

Brilliant!
Hey, how come we keep on bumping into each other? This is really bizarre.


Excellent dialogue

Post 5

Gavin

Bring me "The Sun", and something to read.


Excellent dialogue

Post 6

Kenny Ellaway

This show was full to the brim of laugh out loud lines and interaction between the characters.

But I think the best line was the one that didnt make you laugh, but made you see a side to Fletch that you never really saw before.

I think it was the scene, possibly when Godber was chickening out of the boxing match, where Fletch gave a long speech about "making your own breaks coz you wont get many of them on the outside" It was a highly charged emotional scene which I think, finally reveals Fletch's fatherly side to Godber.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more