A Conversation for 'Monty Python's The Meaning of Life' - the Film

Words to The Universe Song

Post 1

McKay The Disorganised

I remember the fridge being opened and Eric Idle climbing out to persuade the 'Lady' (John Cleese) to contribute her own kidney, but does anyone have the words to this song ? Its the one that starts "You're standing on planet thats evolving, and revolving at 9,000 miles an hour" or similar. I could reply to bits on this all day, but I'm supposed to be working. I always felt the songs in Python to be capable of standing on their own - I feel an anecdote coming on - Once I was driving through Warwick (England) on a hot sunny day, with the sun roof open, when I became stuck in a traffic jam, in the town square. It was only when I saw all the smiling faces that I realised I was singing along to "Bright side of Life" As just before this I'd been singing the Philosophers Song I suppose I was fortunate.


Words to The Universe Song

Post 2

Danny B

Try here: http://www.montypython.net/scripts/galaxy.php3

smiley - ok

Danny B.


Words to The Universe Song

Post 3

McKay The Disorganised

Many Thanks U R A *


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Monty Python's The Meaning of Life' - the Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more