A Conversation for The Answer To The Ultimate Question Of Life, The Universe, And Everything

Solved it!

Post 1

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Of course, it's so obvious now... launching H2G2 on "Tomorrow's World" was the clue. If you look at FHM magazine's list of the 100 sexiest women in the world, you'll see that number 42 on the list is "Tomorrow's World" presenter Philippa Forrester. I therefore conclude that The Ultimate Question is: "How sexy is Philippa Forrester?" Answer: 42.


Solved it!

Post 2

Grendel

Hm, I'd have to agree with you there.


Solved it!

Post 3

Gingeronimo

Sorry. Since 42 is the ultimate answer, the question has to be the ultimate question. You may have stumbled on the northern hemisphere part of the question but we're still working on it in the southern hemisphere.
There is strong support for 42 being the number of species of flies, poisonous spiders and deadly snakes.
Cheers from the Antipodes


No you didn't!

Post 4

Deskbot Chic

So you used no math or science? I could do what you just did with Bilboards Top 100.


No you didn't!

Post 5

Deskbot Chic

I am open to ideas but that one doesn't work. I will admit that theres no scinece or math really needed, but your idea doesn't hold.


Ahem.

Post 6

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

No, no, no, you don't understand. Philippa Forrester hosted the show on which H2G2 was launched, and then appeared at 42 in the list. Do you see?

Fatboy Slim is #42 in this week's hot 100. Has Douglas Adams ever appeared on a Fatboy Slim record? Don't think so.


Ahem.

Post 7

Deskbot Chic

I am sorry i didn't understand you. now i do and no i haven't seen him on a fatboy slim.


Ahem.

Post 8

Smiley Ben

aaaaaaaaaah... but is Douglas Adams *actually* a fatboy, that people sychophantically call slim...?


Solved it!

Post 9

Dr. Strangelove

This is Juvanile, but you can see the lovely philipa naked at:
http://www.douglass.co.uk/webpromote/celebs/oops_index.htm
(Its real - she's been caught sunbathing by a paparazzi)

The site has got nothing to do with me, but it's undeniable now that the Internet is indeed a wonderfull thing...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more